Here we go again...

Guest 75RivGS

Nice car. That is my plan for my Riviera this winter. Pretty close to the same menu.

Last winter I did my '60 Electra. This fall we are finishing up the Electra convert.

Should be in good shape by my 64th birthday. Then just polish and enjoy them for the next 30 years.... ahhhhhhhh, the relaxed feeling from writing that.

Bernie

Guest Kingoftheroad

Nice car Rob !

Bernie, you won't be able to sit back & just polish, something always comes up or you'll find another project, it never ends.

Guest shadetree77
Do you really believe that, Bernie??

I was thinking the EXACT same thing...then I scrolled down a bit to hit reply and type it out and saw that you had beaten me to it Ben! :)

It's been getting scary; I'm beginning to take my own advice.....

Of course I drive around rural New York a lot and keep saying "My next car is not outside where it can be seen driving by."

So here's my "Here we go again" car. Sitting right there waiting for the Park convert to come home:

030a.jpg

A clean garage is a sign of someone with his priorities straight.

:P That is usually a sign of a shop that gets very little done. Of course, the clutter affect after a while gets a little over whelming, and one day when you have no more room to move to get things done it becomes apparent that one must take action and tip the building on it's side and give it a generous shake. :D Dandy Dave!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 75RivGS

Was quite anxious that the rust bubbles under the vinyl top would be severe, I expected to see holes...but once lifted the sides (without streching the material; the only bubbles appeared just above door and 1/4 window glass), it were just bubbles of metal in the first stage of rusting... sandpaper did the trick... still have to prepare the metal before I will glue the top back.

added new springs (gained 1 1/2" height):

20111117_182019.jpg

Installed rechromed window A pillar:

20111116_191624.jpg

Dyed sail and door panels (right one in the photo isn't cleaned or prepped):

20111114_123940.jpg

• 1 year later...

Just realised I never updated this thread:

Replaced balljoints, bearings, brake pads/hoses, springs etc, dyed interior panels, seats redone, new carpet sanding, sanding, sanding, primer, sanding, sanding, sanding etc etc:

DSC00922_zps6be83cab.jpg

DSC00927_zps53e3c69f.jpg

DSC00932_zpsa6c11e17.jpg

DSC03034_zpsd4edd5d0.jpg

DSC03081_zps26c6a5e5.jpg

DSC03093_zps674cd399.jpg

DSC03108_zps780fd98e.jpg

DSC03120_zpse0c5a225.jpg

20130714_231739-1_zps8724ed44.jpg

Painted:

(due to a lack of space a Mini was the only place to park the hood for some time :) )

DSC03143_zpsd2962523.jpg

DSC03140_zps0e855e5f.jpg

Done (for now):

DSCN0289_zps573eed3d.jpg