Something I could "sink" my teeth into....

Guest Xprefix28truck

As I have said before on this forum, it is one of my pet peeves when someone "makes" a modern creation and tries to pass it off as something of another year. Particularly upsetting are "kit cars" that are shown and somehow titled as the year of the car they imitate.

Hi all, I can't say I have much enthusiasm for the "neoclassic" type of modern fabrication. I see them along similar lines as such things as Shay Model A's. They may be very competently engineered and constructed but they just don't do it for me. I do make an exception for such things as modern production correct replicas of sports cars where current demand far outstrips availability of original examples {and the price of originals has risen to stratospheric levels}. That would include modern production of cars such as Alard J2X's , Lister's {Jag and Chevy powered}, C type and D type Jag's, Lotus 7's, 11's and 23's etc . The current production examples are generaly extremely close to the originals, and allow those of us who are not millionaires to enjoy some very interesting automobiles. As long as there is no intent to pass the currently produced cars off as genuine I dont see the problem. They of course must be titled as the year of the cars they replicate as they have no hope of meeting the emission and safety requirements they would face if they were titled as current model year cars.

Thanks, Greg in Canada

To me it falls in the class with the Zimmer. Has some interest because it could be a daily driver (Unlike a real 39), but probably so poorly done (Like the Zimmer) that it would be a constant problem to keep the coachwork from falling apart.

Then again the prototypes seen in pictures from early auto shows would probably have the same shortcomings. But it was fun to see it.