Year of Graham Paige???

karasmer

I am a brand new member from MN and need help identifying a Graham Paige I am looking to restore that was on my Grandmothers farm.Description-blue 4-door dual cowl vents, wood wheels,red and chrome hubcovers, and the dash has 5 sq. gauges with the center one a bit larger. The bottom of the dash is stepped-not a smooth curve like I have seen. I am guessing 1930, anybody have any ideas? Thanks

Karasmer,

Might have some bad news... the gauges look like 1929-31 Graham Paige but I have never seen a Graham with the step down on the bottom of the dash?? I have several Graham Paige Cars and should have no problem identifying it if it is a Graham Paige. Looks like the car is in pretty rough shape, might even be able to help you with body parts. More pictures would be great, the back of the car, maybe side shots, radiator shell also helps. Most likely the body tags are gone, they should be in the back seat floor area passenger side. PS I own my Grandfathers Graham, took six years to find.

Graham Man, in SEMN

Ya you could say it's rough,extemely rough. The cowl seems ok and the front doors,back doors are rusted along the bottoms pretty heavily. I have the axles some wheels,hood,and steering column. Not sure of the frame-still have to dig it up,no engine or transmission.

Now we are getting closer. Looks like second series 1930 Graham radiator shell (they dropped Paige after 1930) Paige was reserved for Commercial cars (only built in 1931, long story). So it could be a second series 1930, 1931, or First series 1932 (another long story). You said you have a hood and rear door? That will close up the gap some more. If the door has a small or almost no bite out of the bottom (for the rear wheel opening) it was most likely a big car. If the hood is long it would have been an eight, short hood six.

We are getting there, would love to know more about the dash...

Graham Man

Nice save on the parts! They look like six parts (much more common) and good for you if you want to restore the car.

That would place us at...

1930, 612 or 615

1931, 45 Special six or 46 Standard six

1932, Prosparity six (56) or 54 Special six or 53 Standard six

Getting closer...

Graham Man

Sorry about that my mistake, I checked more of my references. The dash is from a 1931 45 Special six or a 1932 model 54 Special six, almost identical cars. I would say you have arrived! OK the difference is 1931 had dual bumper blades across the front and back of the car and 1932 had single blade bumpers.

Graham Man

The picture posted above from Keiser31 (black Graham) is of a 1932 Model 54 Special Six, should be the same as your Graham

Edited by Graham Man (see edit history)

I know there was a factory Graham-Paige dealership in Minneapolis MN. I was told there was a dealership in Jordan MN. Would be great to see the picture if you are willing to post it?

Good Luck with the restoration, great cars to drive, let me know if you need any help,

Graham Man

Glad you see potential instead of scrap. I was trying to figure out what year your car is from the dash but with the 1st series, 2nd series confusion between the years, I let someone with a better eye for Graham Paige cars chime in.

Can't wait to see the photos.

Make sure you really check the farm closely. Lots of old cars were turned into farm wagons, I would be willing to bet yours was. Old Norwegians and Germans do not waste anything. Check the barn rafters for bumpers and wheels you will be surprised what you will find if you look close. Let me know if you need any help, Graham Owners club is a great source of information and parts. graham-paige.com

Good luck,

Graham Man

I will, this was a Finnish farm and part of the rear was turned into a snow scoop.I will be asking the neighbors and relatives also if they know where any items may be. Thanks for offering the help. I just hope the frame is still usable,I will find out next week.

I might have a good body in Rochester, I still have to go look at it. Cowl back with doors and interior, you guessed it made into a wagon, but this one was stored in the barn. I think it is a 1930 six sedan it would put your project into warp drive. It should not be hard to come up with an engine and transmission. With the hot rodders taking them out by the day just have to be in the right place with a truck most of the time.

Good luck digging!

Awesome-I will be bringing a big magnet along also,never know what's buried.Not sure if the hood is correct I think I counted 25 louvers,I will find out shortly.One of my other brothers has a door handle,my brother-in-law has the front axle,2 wheels, and possibly the headlights. The rear axle is on site.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 years later...