Finally a Teetor in my garage

Guest Xprefix28truck

Guest Xprefix28truck

After many years of looking I finally have one . I didn't think this day would ever come. Very excited.

post-59090-143138626175_thumb.jpg

post-59090-143138626189_thumb.jpg

post-59090-143138626204_thumb.jpg

Guest Xprefix28truck

This one is a 1917. They built this same engine in 1918 also. This engine is from an Auburn. Engines in the 1917 Pilot automobiles are the exact same as this one. I haven't tried to run it. A museum near me is going to have a special display on Teetor Hartley in the near future. I plan on letting them display it there for a bit before I do anything with it. I am rebuilding one of the 4 wheeled inspection cars for them to display also. I am just glad to have found one.

Edited by Xprefix28truck (see edit history)

Do you think that this day will ever come?

Aug. 9, 2211:

I found an 1955 orange engine that I think was made by a company called General Motors.

After many years of looking I finally have one . I didn't think this day would ever come. Very excited. (;-)

Guest Xprefix28truck

Carb is a Rayfield M-2. Roger....Do you think that there will ever be a shortage on Chevies??? LOL I think I will keep the ones I have put up. Maybe they will be worth a fortune one of these days.....

Do you think that this day will ever come?

Aug. 9, 2211:

I found an 1955 orange engine that I think was made by a company called General Motors.

After many years of looking I finally have one . I didn't think this day would ever come. Very excited. (;-)

Chev V8 too common, more like a Kaiser Jeep Tornado OHC six. Yes Jeep made their own OHC six, from 1962 to 65.

Hi Kent; now that you have the final version of Teetors engine history, are you going to get an example of the first? Just kidding, any Teetor Hartley is a tremendous find. Please document the museum exhibit. As you know I am eager for any Teetor information. All the best Greg in Canada.

Guest Xprefix28truck

Thanks everyone..... Good friends are what this hobby is all about. Good friends can give you great leads. I am still on the look out for a "T" head. I have checked a few leads on one of those already. But they didn't pan out. I do know the location of a Light Inspection Car Company single cylinder engine. They are Extremely rare and come with a price tag to match. I'm saving my pennies up for it...LOL. I have located a Teetor powered auto. Keeping my fingers crossed on it. In keeping up with the info we were looking for, as far as the numbers of production goes. This engine is number 910 and of year 1917. The exact twin to this engine (except that it is in a Pilot of year 1917) was serial number 2353. So I am thinking with the little bit of info we know on the Americans, that possibly each car company that purchased engines from Teetors had their own serial number sequence. My theory being that there are Americans built before 1916 with serial numbers above number 910. But that leaves one to wonder where the "letter" designation fits into this theory. Then again who knows????????

Edited by Xprefix28truck (see edit history)