Finds while "Reatta-ing" today

NCReatta

Today, I went Reatta-ing, I do this about once a month (though growing much more frequent as of late). I take a road trip, chase down a few leads I have on Reattas, and drive around to see what I can find in between.

Today, I found 3. So I thought I'd share. :)

1)

I feel a little sorry for this '89. But it looks like someone really cared for it at one point in it's life.

On a small used car lot just south of Yadkinville, NC.

It started life as a normal, happy Red/tan '89 coupe. No options, just a normal Reatta.

Now look what happened.

IMG_0518.JPG

IMG_0519.JPG

IMG_0521.JPG

IMG_0522.JPG

Notice the "Limited Edition" emblem.. Mary Kay? :D

IMG_0523.JPG

IMG_0524.JPG

I have to admit though, I actually kinda like those steel wheels with the Century wheel covers

IMG_0528.JPG

Notice too how they painted the door jambs. Someone spent some time and money on this car.

I didn't get the milage (no keys). Though it's hard to tell, I looked very closely, and could see that it was originally red.

Interesting car.

Car #2

'89 white over tan. Blown engine, approx 154k. I was looking at it as a parts car, but the owner wanted too much for it, and even after offering him cash on the spot, he refused.. If anyone's interested, I can put you in contact.

IMG_0488.JPG

IMG_0489.JPG

IMG_0490.JPG

IMG_0491.JPG

IMG_0492.JPG

IMG_0487.JPG

IMG_0485.JPG

Car number 3:

The pièce de résistance.

1991 convertible. Red over tan. about 78k if I remember correctly. Beautiful car. Just needs a little TLC. Had dual Camaro style (except it was custom made) exhaust with glass packs. Sounded.. oh man it sounded good.

He let me take is for a spin.. I'm not noramlly a fan of red/tan (a bit common for my tastes) but boy it was nice. The Red/Tan convertibles are starting to row on me though.. but only with the black side moldings.

It had the complete owner's portfolio with flashlight, pen, tire gauge, etc.

Amazing how different the L27 feels compared to my daily driver '89 with the LN3. Plus it was fun with that awesome sounding exhaust.

He replaced the original '91 wheels with some 16" late-model LeSabre rims. Still had the originals though.

Anyways, here are some pics:

IMG_0499.JPG

IMG_0500.JPG

IMG_0501.JPG

>

IMG_0503.JPG

IMG_0509.JPG

IMG_0510.JPG

IMG_0511.JPG

IMG_0512.JPG

IMG_0513.JPG

IMG_0514.JPG

IMG_0516.JPG

Edited by NCReatta (see edit history)

Dunno, put 20" wheels and glow bars onnit and it would fit right in. Not going to say where it would fit in but doubt that it would be in NC.

BTW you do not need keys to read the odo if the circuit is there, just apply power from a jump box and open the door.

Edited by padgett (see edit history)

That "wannabe" Mary Kay car (I seriously doubt this was an official MK car, those are always painted entirely Mountain Laurel Pink when issued, and repainted white usually, after the term of the lease is up before they get resold) is just disgusting. Funny that when I bought my 88, it had that very same "Limited Edition" emblem on the left rear filler panel (since removed).

The vert is in beautiful shape. I'm also in agreement with Marck on red/tan, just too many cars around in this color combo. That makes it ubiquitous, and I want something different. Now, red interiors are another story...

Martel's photographic response to the Pink/white car is classic. That shows true creativity, wish I'd thought of it. Maybe I should do some pumpkins like that this Halloween.

KDirk

There is something intriguing yet terribly disturbing about that two-tone car.

As for the chrome wheels on the red 'vert, I thought those were exclusive to the 1997.5 - 2001 Regal model years (2002-2004 didn't offer chrome wheels).

With Harry Potter on the mind, it looks like Dolores Umbridges Reatta. (Who is also intriguing, yet terribly disturbing.)

As for the chrome wheels on the red 'vert, I thought those were exclusive to the 1997.5 - 2001 Regal model years (2002-2004 didn't offer chrome wheels).

Definitely Regal. They came both chromed and not. The 'nots' were offered through 2004.

I'm not sure on the wheels.. I'm just going by what the owner said.

It's certainly not a bona-fide Mary Kay car.. Just someone with more money than sense..

Guest Recian

that pink car looks like they took all the reatta's balls and cut them off. Now if it was a nice metallic blue or burgandy and it didnt look like it was painted with a brush it wouldnt be so bad.. then i could live with the hubcaps as opposed to the alloys it really needs

Guest steveskyhawk

I'd like to see that pink two tone car ALL pink. I agree with Kevin that the extra JC Whitney "special Edition" badges detract from the appearance of any car. Custom cars will generally have all badges removed for a sanitary look.