Stewart Vacuum Tank

marbeton

There is one on ebay, the number is 110705734440.

Hershey in Oct will have restored ones and you can find them on ebay.

I have one on my car for show but have gutted it.

I use an electric fuel pump next to the gas tank.

post-41405-143138577376_thumb.jpg

There is one on ebay, the number is 110705734440.

Hershey in Oct will have restored ones and you can find them on ebay.

I have one on my car for show but have gutted it.

I use an electric fuel pump next to the gas tank.

Thank you for photo,but my car ist four cylinder. Is vacuum tank for four and six cylinder the same?

Now I have in my car electric fuel pump, but I will have a real oldtimer.

Guest stude8

Since you are in Europe it is a little more complicated to find a vacuum tank I would imagine. There are many variations in size and shape but all operate about the same.

Here is a web site I found a year ago, www.classicpreservation.com/vactankrebuilding,html you might inquire if they have any for sale.

The internet address below contains the complete 1927 fifteen page Stewart-Warner manual on their vacuum tank operation.

http://hudsonterraplane.com/tech/1927/StewartWarnerVacuumTank2-11-27.pdf

There are several past AACA forum discussions on vacuum tank operation, check out the following subject numbers 238950; 295881; 483587; 574007; 574184 for information.

Good luck on finding a vacuum tank.

Stude8

post-31139-143138578204_thumb.jpg

I have a few Stewart Fuel Pumps that can be restored - a couple of different sizes. Have a few mounting brackets also. It would be $45.50 USD in shipping fees to send to the Czech Republic. Send me an e-mail if you are interested and I can give you a total cost.

Scott

smrdeza@power-net.net

Guest martylum

One of our very own AACA members should be able to help you with a rebuilt vacuum tank by Stewart. His name is Lester Wax and his phone #is 781-784-9083.

I could not manage to get another brand of vacuum tank to work properly on a 28 Chrysler and Lester fixed me up with a rebuilt Stewart unit.

I think he also sells rebuild parts for these tanks.

Martin Lum

One of our very own AACA members should be able to help you with a rebuilt vacuum tank by Stewart. His name is Lester Wax and his phone #is 781-784-9083.

I could not manage to get another brand of vacuum tank to work properly on a 28 Chrysler and Lester fixed me up with a rebuilt Stewart unit.

I think he also sells rebuild parts for these tanks.

Martin Lum

Its very good information. Thanke you.

marbeton

Guest JohnKeith

Marbeton,

If you see my recent posts I am also looking for reconditioned or parts for a Stewart Vacuum Tank for my 4 cylinder Chevrolet 1926. I have one, but is missing the inner vessel!

I will be searching Hershey for Stewart tanks and parts in October if you can wait that long. Also I can bring one back to the UK in personal baggage without the necessity of Customs (shipping stuff from the States I find can be expensive because you pay customs taxes on receipt as well as US air freight charges - they no longer do a cheaper rate for surface mail by boat). It can also be expensive getting Euros, Krowns or £s Sterling changed into $s.

I pay cash in $s in the States making it easier.

Also I have contacts in Prostejov and Tyn na Vltavou who come fairly regularly to the UK for toy fairs.

Regards,

John Keith UK:cool:

Thanks a lot for info.On New Zeland there is a good price but shiping cost would be quite expensive.Because my car is in workshop for some repairs so i dont´n need that tank fast and i can wait.If you can get some vacuum tank and send it to Prostějov or Týn nad Vltavou then i can pay it to your contacts in EURO,Pounds or US Dollars in cash. :-)

Regards

Marbeton

Guest JohnKeith

Marbeton,

Lets see what turns up at Hershey. Let me know if you get one before September 25th when I travel to the States,

Regards, John Keith

Guest JohnKeith

Bill I'll keep a note of your stall number. Here's hoping you don't sell it before then.

I'll be there on Tuesday set-up,

Regards John Keith

At Hershey I'm known as "UK John"

Guest JohnKeith

Anama, they are fuel pumps driven by the vacuum created in the inlet manifold by the air and fuel mixture being sucked into the engine.

Used on 90% of US cars in the 1920's and also by many cars in the UK at the time (including Bentley and Rolls Royce - although they were not made by Stewart), they have been entirely replaced by electric fuel pumps in modern cars.

Suggest if you don't have or want a 1920's car you re-cycle them to folks who need one to keep their 1920's cars on the road in an original state,

Regards,

John Keith UK

• 1 month later...

Hi , unfortunatly we didnt find any vacuum tanks, so if you will be so kind and look for one in states we will be glad.Its for Chrysler F58 4-cylinder (1926). If you find one contact me about prize and condition of vacuum tank.Here is my mail: marbeton@iol.cz or if you want ill give you my phone number over mail and we can discous it "real-time" :-).

Guest JohnKeith

Thanks for your message. Am currently with Czech friends in the Isle of Man watching the Motorcycle Grand Prix practices.

Communication isn't easy from Hershey - its in a big field in Pennsylvania so neither e-mail nor mobile phones are practical (and there's a 6 hour time difference so 09.00 is 03.00 Czech time). What I will do is pick up whatever Stewart Vacuum Tanks I find in restorable condition aqt a reasonable $ price, and I'll send you a description, photo and prices on my return to the UK end October. Sometimes I send heavy stuff with friends who ship cars to the UK so stuff may take a little longer but its a lower cost than paying excess air baggage.

You can then decide whether to buy or not. There will be other prople in Europe/UK also looking for a pump if you have found one meanwhile,

Regards,

John Keith :)

• 4 months later...
Guest JohnKeith

Marbeton, if you are still looking for a Stewart Vacuum Pumps I have one here in the UK for you.

I searched the whole of Hershey and found 4. Problem is until you open them up in the workshop you don't know what internals they have and what condition they are in. Only yesterday I received the 8 boxes of stuff I sent home from Hershey and was able to examine the 4 pumps I bought. 1 had no internals! 1 had a rusty lower chamber, badly holed, with the upper mechanism only useful. 2 seem to be OK. I can photograph the one I have set aside for you and send you the images. If you're happy we can then sort out payment and posting or pick up. The cost would be 1,700 Cz Krowns plus any postage. Contact me by e-mail

john@johnbkeith.plus.com Don't worry if you're sorted as I can use this other good one as a spare. Let me know before January 3rd if you can as I'm off to NewZealand Jan 4th to Feb 6th. John Keith