Wheel striping

Guest stevelove

Guest stevelove

Does anyone know a vendor for vinyl wheel stripes or know of any way I can replace the wheel stripes on my '52 Dodge?

There should be pinstripers in your area who can do the job. If not you could paint them on yourself. All you need is a striping wheel or sign painters pinstriping brush.

Use the front hub as a jig. With the front jacked up, slowly turn the wheel while holding the brush or striping wheel against the car wheel.

You will need some sign painters One Shot paint. Regular paint is too hard to work with.

Guest Skyking

I once used a phonograph player (record player) to pin strip some wheels. It's easier doing it flat than try doing it otherwise.

Keiser31 walks into a bar with a wheel in one hand and a can of paint and a brush in the other...

Rube Goldberg taught me EVERYTHING I know....took about ten minutes.

Guest Skyking
This is what I would do...just clamp that puppy onto the stool and have at it!

You have to make sure the stool is High Speed balanced.:D:D

Friend of mine made a tool for polishing aluminum wheels. It was an old rear axle shaft mounted on a bench using pillow bearings. The wheel bolted on and hung over the end of the bench. Later he added an electric motor driving thru a Chev transmission from about 193O. He could have the wheel slowly turning while he used fine sandpaper or a buffer to polish it up.

A lot of work but he did a lot of wheels on it. Would be nice for striping wheels too.