1924 Dodge Sedan

Guest donnymopar

Guest donnymopar

I've decided to build my 1924 Dodge as a hot rod. But, since I do respect the classic Dodge community, I am offering various non build parts here first before I list them elsewhere.

The car is complete and runs. I will be using many items for the build...except various sheet metal, drive train, and interior, to name a few.

Please email any needs and I can let you know if the part will be included in the build.

Thanks,

Don

PopcornPictures@yahoo.com

post-74147-143138546227_thumb.jpg

post-74147-143138546231_thumb.jpg

post-74147-143138546234_thumb.jpg

Guest donnymopar

Thank you for the inquire...I am still sorting out what to keep for the build. As of now I want to re-use the 4 wheels. I have already done a photoshop build...I hope I don't offend anybody, because I really do appreciate the classic original builders and their cars...but this is the look...(Just picked up the Hemi yesterday).

Don

post-74147-143138546237_thumb.jpg

Guest donnymopar

Running board aprons are for sale...let me know if they will fit a 25. I can take pictures when you find out and you can make me an offer.

Best,

Don

Guest donnymopar

P.S. - as of this posting the car currently sits in my shop exactly as the above 3 photos. We will start the teardown in 2 weeks.

I have taken a video of the motor running today and will put it on youtube later this weekend...I'll post the link here as well.

Best,

Don

Guest donnymopar

I'll try and take some good pictures tomorrow and I can either post them on here or e-mail them to you.

Don

Guest 1930

I can maybe find them in the master parts book but I am sure someone here can answer that alot easily than it would take me too look it up and even then I might be misreading. If no one answers though I will take a look if you e-mail me as a reminder. You should still have my address.

There is very little difference between the 24 & 25 DB"s. Most everything is interchangable between the two. the running board aprons will fit late 1923 - 1927 cars and light trucks. The same goes for fenders, hoods running boards and drivetrain parts. Doors and body sheet metal parts are only good for 24 & 25.

Guest Backyardmechanic

gboy the 23 are different the 23 rolls outward and the wheel base is 114 the 24 0n are116 wheel base and the splash apron are "bent"as to say over the frame .

Vern

Edited by Backyardmechanic (see edit history)

Guest donnymopar

MikeC5,

Just took a closer look today at the aprons...they do have a a good bit of rust out along the tops (on top of the frame rails). The rest of both of them aren't too bad. The car has a good deal of rust out around the belt line (right where the body meets the frame. So, let me know if these are useable. I will try and get a pic or two up shortly.

Best,

Don

MikeC5,

Just took a closer look today at the aprons...they do have a a good bit of rust out along the tops (on top of the frame rails). The rest of both of them aren't too bad. The car has a good deal of rust out around the belt line (right where the body meets the frame. So, let me know if these are useable. I will try and get a pic or two up shortly.

Best,

Don

Just to inform...not to be picky, but the sill is the part where the body meets the frame and the belt line is the raised area at the bottom of the windows on the outside of the body.

Guest donnymopar

Lol...you're not being picky. I would rather be informed than speak like a novice...thanks.

Don

Guest donnymopar

Here are a couple of photos of the aprons, rear & front car views, and engine...as it sits in the shop.

Don

post-74147-143138550281_thumb.jpg

post-74147-143138550325_thumb.jpg

post-74147-143138550367_thumb.jpg

post-74147-14313855041_thumb.jpg

post-74147-143138550452_thumb.jpg

post-74147-143138550494_thumb.jpg

post-74147-143138550536_thumb.jpg

Wow those are a little worse than I'd hoped. If they come off the car without crumbling, take a few more pics from the inside surfaces. Welding in new (flat) top flanges is one thing but I don't have the tools/skills to make patches for the curved areas.

Guest 1930

Mike, there is a fellow that reproduces these plates at least for 29 Chevrolet and does a remakabe job, uses the proper gauge of steel ect. He advertises these on e-bay and I know he does other parts as well and am sure it is more than Chevrolet. I wish I could be more help on this but am also sure if you went to e-bay and looked there you will find his stuff for sale and could inquire about these. These look very similar, chevrolet are a bit more decorative though and as mentioned his stampings are very crisp.

Prices were reasonable as well.

Guest donnymopar

Mike,

These didn't seem to bad around the curves or inside...but, let me get them off on Saturday, take more photos and post for you then.

Don

Guest 1930

I did spend some time looking this afternoon on e-bay for the items but could not find them, ......how about that, I went back to e-bay just now and was able to find my purchase history for the past two years and yes it was Howells sheet metal. As I mentioned, I would highly reccomend, very nice stuff

If I may offer a few words, I bought parts from them off their web site. Nice quality but poor service. Kept giving me the run around, each time I called was a different story. Shipped yesterday, should have it in a few days, then none in stock, will be finished tomorrow, shipped Tuesday, still not finished, took nearly 2 months of constant calls. All they had to do was tell me the truth, if they didn't have them made, just say so. Quit leading me on. I would have gladly waited.

Now for the good side. They have been in business for many years (family business). They make most of the parts for most of the Ford vendors and they make good stuff. If I was to buy from them again, I would do it through EBAY where there is feedback. Many people there have been very pleased. They do have 24-27 DB splash aprons listed on their website, Howell's Sheetmetal Co. - Model A Ford & Model T Ford Parts

Just my opinion.

Guest 1930

Yes now that you mention it Dave I also may of had an issue with service, it was a few years ago, maybe I had inquired on something else and they took forever to come thru...I cant remember the details but your post triggered some memory.

350 seems maybe a little steep but when you see them, compare the materials and compare your alternative you will be glad that you purchased them.

Guest 04mustang

Dave,

are the splash aprons fro the 26-27 DB made by howells a good fit and finish?

thanks,

Corey

Hey donny,

When you get done with your hotrod you will have to call it a 2011 "donnymopar", because it sure won't be a '24 Dodge anymore!

Hope you can find good homes for ALL the removed parts here. I'm sure they would all eventually help SOMEBODY out at some point in time. You may not run across the right buyer for a while though. Patience is a virtue! :cool:

Guest donnymopar

Thanks for your .02..."1936 D2"

Like I said earlier, I do appreciate the original builds as well. Out of respect for the traditional builders, I am listing these car parts, on this wonderful site, because anybody who is interested, would actually use them and not hoard or re-sell. These parts can sit for as long as they need to at my shop. I will sell (or give them away) to whomever I feel like. As far as this build goes, this "24 Dodge" will have orignal frame, body, and most of the parts. I will add a 54 Chrysler 331 Hemi and modify/customize various components. I keep the cars old school style, (not as old as your school, but still old school) with very little modern parts. I have done a few other builds... Also, I re-use as many of the original parts as possible, but I don't seek out OEM replacements.

("DonnyMopar" is a given nickname by my "friends".....)

- toy collection

* 1969 Roadrunner

* 1967 Sport Fury

* 1954 Dodge Meadowbrooke

* 1949 Plymouth Surburban

* 1931 Plymouth sedan

* "1924 Dodge sedan"

P.S.

Here is a photo of two of my other toys...one I built.

post-74147-143138553117_thumb.jpg

Guest donnymopar

MikeC5,

Didn't get a chance to take the aprons off....holiday weekend plans. Should have them off next Saturday.

Don

• 3 weeks later...
Guest donnymopar

Well, Mike...hope you've had some luck on repops. I have not been able to work on the 24 body lately. Working on rebuilding the Hemi engine and helping my Dad finish up his 54 Dodge for some upcoming car shows. When I get back at the 24 Dodge, I'll be sure to get those pics, (FYI - the curves don't look rusted)

Don

• 5 months later...
Guest throwback

Hello Don,

Do you have the distributor, coil, water pump assembly for sale? If so send me an e-mail with photo, price and contact information name phone and address.

Thanks

Dave