super sonic 8 for 53 packard

Guest deathrodder

How do you know about this? It is supposed to be a secret of the Packard owners club and the Masons lodge.

The Masonic Supersonic Super Duper Supercharged Eight would go 200 MPH and get 200MPG thanks to its Madison Avenue Magnum carburetor. They were only sold to 32nd degree Masons and POC members of 50 years standing. They sold one to James Dean by mistake, that is why they had to kill him.

There is one in the basement of the Smithsonian Institution guarded night and day by rabid Rottweilers. Superman has one in his Fortress of Solitude at the North Pole. There is one in that warehouse in Raiders of the Lost Ark. And Elvis drives one to his job at the Walmart in Tupelo Mississippi.

All others belong to high ranking Masons and Packard Owners Club officials.

Edited by Rusty_OToole (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Years ago a guy died in one of those and was in it for several weeks before anyone found him. An acquaintance of a friend of mine's brother bought the car from the State Police for $500. It was cheap because they had tried everything but failed to get the smell out of it. He eventually sold it, smell and all cause he found out about a Corvette in a barn that had sat there since the property owner's Son had bought it new and then died in Viet Nam. The car had only 200 miles on it. It had been advertised as a Chevette so noone else had bothered looking at it. True story.

Guest deathrodder

what i find funny is i am getting made fun of but someone need to do a search on a 1953 packard clipper executive (bullet proof car ) it had one and there was a hounderd built that year of tem

search on a 1953 packard clipper executive (bullet proof car ) it had one and there was a hounderd built that year of tem

Perhaps you are referring to the long-wheelbase 1953 Packards (they were NOT Clippers but in the Packard line). There were 100 Executive sedans and 50 Limousines (same body but with a divider window between the the front and rear compartments). None were armoured. The only armoured Packards I'm aware of were all built prewar, for Walter Ruether, Joe Stalin, and FDR.

Of the 4 Panther Daytonas, only two were supercharged as built, those with motor #s M600050 and M600081. But they were not double-supercharged, at least as originally built. The only dual supercharged Packard I'm aware of was not a factory venture but done by a Packard mechanic, perhaps at the the Albany dealership, and it was a Twelve. At least one photograph of the engine compartment has recently been republished in one of The Packard Club's publications. Packard did toy around with supercharging a 385 Eight around 1929 or so - this picture has also been published in club publications.

Supercharged Packard Hawk, of which only 588 were built (you can see more photos of it on my Vintage Motor Cars website):

132049%2D01.jpg

132049%2D41.jpg

132049%2D42.jpg

Yeah, I know it's ugly. :)

It beautiful, how can one say it ugly. I love to won one.