where not to park your Model A

Guest prs519

ITS A TRAVESTY WHAT THEM COWS HAVE DONE TO SO MANY MAGNIFICENT AUTOMOBILES.

That is why I got involved with the Cow-tipping organization made famous by Chris Farley

in Tommy Boy. Figured it was one small way to Get Even!

It aso has an after market Heater manifold. Wonder if it helped keep the cows warm in the winter??? Or, only in the summer???

I had a pile of parts simmilar to that several years back. Several photos on eBay and the pile brought $400.00. Cha Ching... :D When the guy came to pick it up I had to ask what he saw in the pile. He said the rusted out cowl in the pile was for an open roasdster. :P And I thought he wanted the 20 inch one ton wire wheels that were used only in the first three months of production on the AA. The original heavy truck shells were painted steel, and many were replaced with the stainless. Dandy Dave!

The AA shell is actually made for a thicker (4 rows instead of 3) radiator and can't interchange unless you bring the A rad. it also doesn't have the widow's peak where it comes to a point at the inside top. They made a few stainless AA shells but they're extremely rare

Ey ey Captian. looks like that is what was done to keep her going when she was running. I had some AA's, but the rads and shells were swaped long before I got them. ;) I guess I never paid attention to the core rows in a 1930 a friend had and I use to drive from time to time. Yep, even I learn something new, about something old, from time to time. :D Dandy Dave!

Sometimes you run across an AA shell where the radiator is set back about a half inch. In that case the AA rad went bad so somebody stuck a much more common single A rad in to keep it running. I have also seen a radiator made from the tanks of a single A grafted onto an AA core to try to improve the cooling capacity. These things were done to all manner of cars back in the depression, it's just because so many A's survived that you see all of these tricks.

Seriously, if you are looking to sell this thing you could break it up and get 2-300 for the cowl, 100 for the lights. about 200 for the carb if it's a sidebowl, 200 for the engine if it's any good. a few other things and scrap the rest you're talking maybe 1,000

Nope...

Naw. It's not for sale.

Gonna fix it up someday.