Trying to figure out Grandparent's classic car!

Guest Ryael

Guest Ryael

I'm enlisting the help of the community for this one ;). I'm trying to figure out what kind of vehicle my Grandparent's had based on old photos. My Grandpa has been deceased for some time and my Grandma can't remember so I need your help! If you can figure it out from the images I would !greatly! appreciate it as I try to get on the road of finding and building one for my family to someday enjoy! Thanks a bunch from anyone that can assist.

2011-03-13192332.jpg

2011-03-13192324.jpg

2011-03-13192318.jpg

Sorry they're blurry but it's the best I could find.

Guest Ryael

Thanks Frank, I've been looking around and the closest I can find is 1936 Ford Tudor. I'll take a look at Dodge's next.

I'm going to guess Hudson Terraplane or 112 based on the grille. It does look like a Ford at first glance but I don't think it is one.

Later = Checked some pics on the net and it isn't a Terraplane. Closest match seems to be a 35 Ford but something is the matter with the grille.

Still later. There seem to be some scratches in the grille and headlight area that are confusing things but I go along with the consensus on it being a 35 Ford. The car behind it is a 39 Ford Deluxe.

Edited by Rusty_OToole (see edit history)

Guest De Soto Frank

Going by that side trim / grille on the hood, I'd suggest '35 Ford.

Wheels might be from a different year - can't tell. '35 had wire-wheels, '36 had steel "artillery" wheels.

Edited by De Soto Frank (see edit history)

I can see why somebody thought it was a Dodge,what with those horizontal ribs on the grille, but everything else says 35 Ford. What it might be is a deluxe grille with all the vertical ribs blacked out. It appears to be a standard car with no passenger side taillight but it has the dual horns.

There is a 1935 Ford sitting in our neighbor's garage. He passed away about six years ago. I just saw the car today when his son was there cutting the brush away from a 1966 Alfa that his dad also just let sit for several years. Had not seen the Ford in many years.

Guest noncompos

First name that jumped into my mind was Nash...1935??

Your State should have the old registration records. Good luck

Guest prs519

The Ford pics and guesses are quite convincing, but I am still not 100% convinced. I cannot see the delicate and attractive body line behind the passenger rear window (on the top of the pictured car).

The Ford pics and guesses are quite convincing, but I am still not 100% convinced. I cannot see the delicate and attractive body line behind the passenger rear window (on the top of the pictured car).

I see it in the original post and the nice profile shot that Jim posted...

Guest Jim_Edwards

It's there, but the shadowing from the angle to the Sun makes it difficult to make out. The nature of the louvers/vents in the hood along with the grille detail pretty much defines your Grandfather's car as having been a 1935 Ford.

Jim