When Photoshop Fails

TG57Roadmaster

Guest Jim_Edwards

It's just a plain garden variety 1980 Town Car. One of the most out of proportion Lincolns produced. The roof turret was wider than it should have been and it looks strange from the front view. What were they thinking? They fixed that with either '81 or '82 production.

Jim

Edited by Jim_Edwards (see edit history)

K8096 says it's a 1989, and Jim_Edwards says it's a 1980... Well, what year is it???? I can't tell just from the front....B

Well, given that it has 1-1/2 1986-87 Town Car grills in it, there probably isn't much sense in trying to figure out what it is.

Actually, I think the whole car is widened because his shoulders are on center with the rear window and the spacing between the bumper guards is too wide. Looks like they just shifted over the center of the grill so the hood ornament wouldn't be poking him in an unflattering spot!

Or else it's the wide-track version for driving out west....

Guest Jim_Edwards
K8096 says it's a 1989, and Jim_Edwards says it's a 1980... Well, what year is it???? I can't tell just from the front....B

We were both wrong! The grille and bumpers would indicate an '86, maybe an '87 as Higgins points out.

It will be interesting to see if they can keep the AOD transmission working. That generation of the AOD had all sorts of issues if I recall correctly.

Jim

I'll agree, it's about a 1987, not a 1989. I think 1987 had the checkered grille, and 1989 had vertical lines. I've had both, but it's been almost 10 years since the 1989. Speaking of the AOD tranny, yes, I burned out the clutch plates on one of those too.

Maybe the lawyer is driving the old towncar to try to skirt the Calfornia emissions laws, or maybe he's trying to get out of paying a high tax on license plates based on the value of your car.

I was last in Los Angeles in 2003 and I saw a old grey haired old lady on the freeway driving a faded out late 1960's El Camino.

I just googled the movie & watched the trailer. Looks like the lawyer uses the Lincoln as his office & the he has a chauffer. I think they should have at least used one of those huge 1970's Continentals. A lot of people had to put extesions on their garages after buying one of those.

Guest Jim_Edwards
Maybe the lawyer is driving the old towncar to try to skirt the Calfornia emissions laws, or maybe he's trying to get out of paying a high tax on license plates based on the value of your car.

I was last in Los Angeles in 2003 and I saw a old grey haired old lady on the freeway driving a faded out late 1960's El Camino.

You might have even run into "The Little Ol' Lady from Pasadena" had you stayed longer...........:)