Riviera in a new movie!

RivNut

I'm sitting here watching TV and a trailer for a movie starring Niclas Cage comes on. In it is either a 63 or 64 Riviera. The movie is called "Drive Angry" and starts Feb. 25.

Anyone else seen anything on this?

Ed

PS - If you google Drive Angry, you'll find a link to a YouTube trailer. You'll be the one who's angry when you see the front end of the Riviera bashed in. :mad:

It's sacrilege!!!

Guest Riviera_Rob

I can only imagine how many Rivis were harvested and destroyed for this movie!

I saw the trailer, as over the top as it seems, i'm a sucker for car flicks so I want to see it, though I'll be able to wait till its out on dvd....... say by June???? That Rivi looks like pure evil in the trailer, you gotta love it.

Rob

Guest Roostriz
I can only imagine how many Rivis were harvested and destroyed for this movie!

I saw the trailer, as over the top as it seems, i'm a sucker for car flicks so I want to see it, though I'll be able to wait till its out on dvd....... say by June???? That Rivi looks like pure evil in the trailer, you gotta love it.

Rob

I'm with you Bob. As stupid as some movies are and as bad as the actors are I still have to watch them if it's a car movie.

The charger is pretty badass too.

I saw the trailer the other day too. Free publicity for the make. Look what Dukes of Hazard movie did for mopar.

Is it just me or is Nicholas Cage trying way too hard to be a badass in his movies lately? I know he's a big car guy but I think he had to get rid of a few when he went bankrupt a few years ago.

Joey

• 9 years later...

There's a new Netflix movie, 'SPENSER CONFIDENTIAL', that features a '79-85 Riviera that belongs to the character played by Alan Arkin.

I haven't watched the movie yet but the previews definitely show off the car nicely. Be prepared. The car is backed into a glass wall in one scene! :o

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 2/18/2011 at 2:30 AM, RivNut said:

I'm sitting here watching TV and a trailer for a movie starring Niclas Cage comes on. In it is either a 63 or 64 Riviera. The movie is called "Drive Angry" and starts Feb. 25.

Anyone else seen anything on this?

Ed

PS - If you google Drive Angry, you'll find a link to a YouTube trailer. You'll be the one who's angry when you see the front end of the Riviera bashed in. :mad:

It's sacrilege!!!

From wikipedia : Writer/director Patrick Lussier said the Riviera, used at the beginning and the end, "was the car we wished we had used the most, because it was a beautiful driving car", but "It was a shame to smack it up."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, telriv said:

The Charger is a '69 as I own a '69 RTSE.

The Riv. was bought by the garage in Texas run by that Richard Rawlins guy who's always running his fingers through his hair. 

I forgot the name of the show.

That monkey always running his fingers through his greasy hair while in the garage?

• 1 month later...

Nicholas Cage, Laura Flynn Boyle, and Dennis Hopper in Red Rock West (1992) in a 1973 Riviera.

02scn11.jpg.ba8e85bd85ed0ee8f209dfb872025c78.jpg

And "no" the train is not standing still. This scene takes place at the end of a long chase. There is a 28 second long clip on YouTube if you want to watch this scene at the end of the chase.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 1