Water Pumps

DSpringer

That is high but they are being sold outright with no exchange or core charges. Maybe the ebay buyer had pumps that were not rebuildable. Skip rebuilt mine about 4 years ago and I am very happy. Also, quick turn around. Skip charges $100.00 each to rebuild and UPGRADE your pumps for better flow and cooling. Here is a link to his website.

Ford Collector

Another thumbs up for Skip's Pumps. The impeller redesign on the Ford pumps really does make a difference. Like the previous poster said -- it almost has to be because they're outright, though even then I couldn't imagine the core value being that high. Maybe it's just two ignorant people assigning more value than they should.

No disrespect intended (I also didn't realize you had bid that high), it's just that a lot of things seem to get fueled by a perception that something is made of unobtanium when in reality it's not.

You might just call Skip and ask if he has a source for cores. You never know. If he has a core charge that will give you an idea of how used ones should be valued. In my experience other parts vendors will say, "X refundable core charge, or we pay Y for additional good cores" and Y is 1/2 to 1/3rd the core charge, which is the standard going rate for used parts.

Guest DADDIO65

Mr. Higgins,

I put those pumps on eBay w/o a reserve... You my friend mentioned 2 ignorant people. You are sadly mistaken on both accounts. If you don't know what you are talking about, please keep your comments to yourself.

Thank you,

Jeff Mabry

Nebraska LZOC member

Guest DADDIO65

I was just as surprised as you guys were, NEVER in a million years did I think those would go for that much... I put them on eBay w/o reserve because I had no idea what to ask for them. I figured if I was too high, no one would bite on them. Thanks guys.

Dee always seems to help out a guy in need... he is a great asset to LZOC..

Jeff

Edited by DADDIO65
horrible spelling (see edit history)