Photos without caption...1-8-11

keiser31

1. Somebody trying to make their own wooden wheel, like in that other post.

2. The car wanted to try pole dancing

3. Looks like a duster, driver takes it literally.

Actually, it was my 1969 Valiant that went sooooo fast sideways, the tire bead pulled away from the rim just enough to mow some freeway ramp lawn. Oh...and then hit the light post. It drove really strangely on the way home...

Guest De Soto Frank

Kind of looks like somebody backed-into it with one of the big tires on the Farmall (would have to be an H or M, as opposed to an A ) while it was "out to pasture"... ;)

I'm surprised that tire is holding air, with all that organic matter caught between the tire & rim...

Actually, it was my 1969 Valiant that went sooooo fast sideways, the tire bead pulled away from the rim just enough to mow some freeway ramp lawn. Oh...and then hit the light post. It drove really strangely on the way home...

In other words, Photo without printable caption.:)

Actually, that has happened to me. Spun my race car on the track into the grass and it came out looking like that. The tire still held air and didn't peel away from the rim, but that's exactly what happened here. The sidewall was peeled back enough that grass got wedged in. When I dismounted those tires, there was a surprising amount of grass wedged in between the rim and the tire bead.

..... When I dismounted those tires,......

Now you did it!!! My mind went a little crazy and now I can't decide if it is proper to say you dismount a tire or do you demount a tire??? It seems that dismount is correct if it is something you do with your body, like dismount from a horse, but demount is used when you are performing an action on something like demounting a motor. (I could have left it with the phrase ...went a little crazy...) I guess I will defer to West on what is correct!!

Now you did it!!! My mind went a little crazy and now I can't decide if it is proper to say you dismount a tire or do you demount a tire??? It seems that dismount is correct if it is something you do with your body, like dismount from a horse, but demount is used when you are performing an action on something like demounting a motor. (I could have left it with the phrase ...went a little crazy...) I guess I will defer to West on what is correct!!

Not to cause you further anxiety, Dave, but what about unmount?!

Guess I am making a mountain out of a molehill...OOF...don't I have to be somewhere?...