THE most fun in a Reatta for 11 miles

rjfranken

How close is this to where the BCA National is being held in NC in 2012. Reatta Rendezvous? Just has to be within 30 Miles of the National site

it's minimum 177 miles. Way too far. Unfortunately.

Though, I'm thinking of a few good places we could go the the Reatta Rendezvous. :D

The Dragon is about 60 miles from my house. The last time I drove it I was in the Fiero Formula I owned before getting my Reatta. It had me begging for power steering by the time I reached the end. Way too many curves for me. The Cherohala Skyway is a much more enjoyable and scenic drive in my opinion.

Guest Kitskaboodle

I have heard many things about the Tail of the Dragon on the Fiero Forum.

Sounds pretty neat although after clicking on your link I noticed the roads are heavily enforced by the THP. :(

We have a road here in the Bay Area that is pretty killer too.

You can do some serious high speed jamming on this road!

It's the junction that goes from Highway 9 in Saratoga to the famous Alice's Restaraunt at Highway 35. (Alice's Restaraunt is sport bike mecca)

Kit

It's the junction that goes from Highway 9 in Saratoga to the famous Alice's Restaraunt at Highway 35. (Alice's Restaraunt is sport bike mecca)

Kit

Aww, so not the famed Alice's Restaurant of the red VW Microbus, the half a ton of garbage, and the shovels, and rakes and implements of destruction? :rolleyes:

Aww, so not the famed Alice's Restaurant of the red VW Microbus, the half a ton of garbage, and the shovels, and rakes and implements of destruction? :rolleyes:

You can get anything you want, at Alices Restaurant. 'Ceptin Alice...

Kit is right - Skyline Blvd is a well-known, and beautiful run along the ridge line in the Santa Cruz mountains. Especially by motorcyclists - who are often lulled into pushing things to the edge, and sometimes beyond. Unfortunately, there are too many fatal accidents up there... Once at Alices, there are a variety of options - all great sports car territory. One of my favorites is to head to the coast, then burn down Highway 1. Once in Santa Cruz, head back along Highway 17 - another road well known for accidents...

The parking lot at Alices always has a lot bikes (both motor and human powered) and interesting cars and trucks on weekends. Very popular with the locals. I get up there every few years. Was just there last june for dinner.

Another great local run is the backside of Mt Hamilton. Lots of twisties, not much traffic, and some nice sweepers near the bottom. Definitely fun 944 territory. I'm not sure how a Reatta would take to it. Kit: Have you taken a Fiero back there?

Edited by wws944 (see edit history)

Guest Kitskaboodle

Yes, my Fiero club does a "Mt. Hamilton Run" every year in October.

Unfortunately, they do this run on the same weekend as the Campbell

Oktoberfest so I can never make it. :(

When I was a young man I used to go up to Mt. Hamilton a lot when I

had my Pinto. People may laugh but that car handled great. Well.....at least

after it was lowered two inches and had wide wheels & tires on it. :)

Kit

col_2_bgd.jpg

I rented a Pinto in 1979, in Las Vegas of all places. Made a U-turn on LV Blvd, and even at that low speed, the rear wheels broke loose! Vowed never to drive another one again, and still haven't.

My Reatta has not seen the Pacific Ocean yet. Once I put new tires on it (need to get the wheels refinished at the same time), a trip 'over the hill' is in order.

We seem to have quite a few Arlo fans on this site. Anybody else sit on the group W bench?

Didn't sit on the bench, but was able to chat with him at one of his concerts. I have an LP of Alice's Restaurant, Signed by Arlo, his Daughter Sara, and her husband. Also some video footage. Fun concerts.......... Jim