License Plate Requirements at Hershey

MochetVelo

I agree. I would compare the situation to any local parade. You want insurance for sure, in case of an accident, but is it really a necessity that every vehicle in a parade be registered and have correct license plates? I'd be willing to bet that many, many cars are parade driven and not properly "road registered."

Sounds to me like a case of some police official telling his forces to "crack down," and common sense didn't stand a chance......

I don't want to censor or remove this thread but guys lets not inflame the situation further. NONE of us were happy to see members get tickets on Saturday. However, we did contact some of the affected people and are sitting down at the table with all the stakeholders to resolve this for future years. As I have said, we believe there will be solutions to the issues of the past two years. I hope you can understand that some things I cannot publicly get into especially at the moment.

David,

Not sure if you saw the other post...seems like my trusty helper had a delivery issue. It did get resolved by apparently he was dyslexic at the time and tried to deliver the monster to the wrong space. Naturally he did not give me any credit for and carrying it over to our spaces, or should I say shoulder carrying it. Pretty cool item.

Hi- no, I didn't see the other post....and now I need to hear the whole story and laugh appropriately....long time off but offer of dinner on me is open for next year....shoulder carrying a 45 pound wrench would get extra credit....thanks dc

I offered too. Seems about par for the course, Steve offered to do it, and he delegates the job to West....:D:D:D

But in defense of Steve, (while still poking fun at him) He did seem just a little bit busy at Hershey...:D

I appreciate all the help and the offers of transport. I was overseas, and called Thursday night to my friend at the space, to see if it had made it, and was told West had delivered. I did have a backup plan, but glad I didn't have to implement from so far away......thanks to all....

Sorry, to disappoint you guys but Steve did not delegate! Steve hand carried it (mostly shoulder) through the chocolate field and his co-hort offered to take it in his golf cart the rest of the way. Sadly though he dropped it off at the wrong space until shown the error of his ways. Officer Matt, you know you should always have the facts before making judgements...

Wow, hats off to both you guys, and whoever carried it more than 10 feet.

Have been busy all week, just picked up the wrench, and it's some kinda heavy.

Glad to have the facts, Steve, really appreciate the help, with all you had going on too......

My friend at the space, Mike, is shown here adjusting the waterpump packing nut on his Cartercar, for those who thought the wrench was useless!!!!

He's also one who got a ticket......

post-31482-143138327816_thumb.jpg

Yes, the interesting part of this is that he did have insurance documents, and he did have the car registered with YOM license plate. In the "shock and awe" he couldn't put his hands on the registration, and the policeman told him that the plate on the front was a "novelty" license plate.

He's talked to the officer, and is faxing registration documents to him, and hopefully it'll have a good ending with the ticket being rescinded.

The rest of the story on the CarterCar is kind of interesting. I'd bought a turn of the century Pierce bicycle from a dealer in Pennsylvania, sight unseen, and a beautiful original bike. A friend picked it up for me, and he'd told the dealer that I had a small collection of cars. The dealer said, oh, I thought he was just into bicycles, then tell him about this CarterCar.

He did, and I knew Mike was looking for an early car, so I put him in touch with the dealer. Mike was able to make a deal on the CC, and I'm really happy he has it, an unusual car with someone who appreciates it.......

and a great car it is too! We were able to talk about it on a tour earlier this year and to finally get a thorough tour at Hershey was fantastic. It's a great car, and in really great hands!

Terry