1941 Buick Limited Hubcaps?

Guest Earl

Are these for a '41 Buick Limited? I know those hubcabs are different than what the other series used, but I've never seen them off a car. Below is the item number for ebay. This isn't my auction, I was just curious when I saw them.

Ha....look carefully at the photos, guys. These are aftermarket hubcaps made years ago that don't spell "BUICK" on them. The letters spell "KUIUK". Aftermarket hubcaps like these were made to look "close" to many different car names. I had some "DODOD" ones on a DODGE at one time.

Notice how the eBay seller MAY have carefully staged the photo of his "KUIUK" caps, so the reflection of a tree obsures the left side of the hubcap. This makes it difficult to see that the first letter is not a "B", but rather a "K".

I have a set of hubcaps for sale in the classified that I was told by Dave Tacheny were for 1941 and up Buicks. I bought them on eBay, the ad said the seller bought them for his '37 Buick but his Buick had 15" wheels, these caps are for 16" wheels. After I got them I found out they wouldn't fit the 16" '40 rims I'm using.

post-63376-143138270193_thumb.jpg

post-63376-143138270198_thumb.jpg

Edited by bobj49f2 (see edit history)

I thought there was something really weird about those things when I ran across them. Boy, the stuff that shows up out there on ebay.. Maybe they are for the Russian market!

I've never heard of these or the ones for the Dodod ones but I've seen Fool caps. They had "Fool" with an F or a mix of a F and a B for the first letter. They all were cheap aftermarket hub caps that got around paying royalty rights to the car company by altering the logos. I also heard they were very poor quality. I think they still would make good wall art and conversation pieces.

post-63376-143138270229_thumb.jpg

bobj and Jolly John: I used to have a set of "BUCIK" caps. Interesting to watch this stuff show up on ebay. By the way your caps will fit the 41 (except 90 series) and later wheels. To get picky, the hubcaps shown are actually from the 1950 to 60 era as you'll notice the letters are raised. The prewar and later 40's caps had recessed letters and were painted black. Have you seen, too, at times on Ebay the 60's era hub caps with the black painted trishield advertised as fitting 30's and 40's Buicks? They may fit 41 and up but they, technically, are not correct. I guess, though, if a person's 47 Buick caps are beat up or non existant, then shiney is good.

bobj and Jolly John: I used to have a set of "BUCIK" caps. Interesting to watch this stuff show up on ebay. By the way your caps will fit the 41 (except 90 series) and later wheels. To get picky, the hubcaps shown are actually from the 1950 to 60 era as you'll notice the letters are raised. The prewar and later 40's caps had recessed letters and were painted black. Have you seen, too, at times on Ebay the 60's era hub caps with the black painted trishield advertised as fitting 30's and 40's Buicks? They may fit 41 and up but they, technically, are not correct. I guess, though, if a person's 47 Buick caps are beat up or non existant, then shiney is good.

Dave,

Thanks for the input on my caps. I don't know much about them. I bought them because I thought they were a good deal and the seller said they were for a '37. I pretty new to the Buick stuff so I didn't know. I don't really care about correctness. I'm building a driver and these looked pretty nice. I did get a set with a bunch of '40 parts I bought a while back. The '40 caps are shiny but two have some good dings in them and I don't know to work them out. I don't want to separate the caps to work the dings out.

Guest aussie buick

My 38 century has 1 reproduction hubcap on it. I had heard of the KUICK caps but what is this meant to say??

post-61152-143138271344_thumb.jpg

Guest WEB 38

These were sold by J.C. Whitney (warshawsky&co.)in the 50s and 60s They had them for most makes and years I had bought a replacement for than new 58 ford,What a disapointment that was. Bill WEB 38

• 7 years later...
On 8/4/2010 at 9:36 PM, Grandpa said:

That is impossible Grandpa  1939-1940 same, 1941-1950 different and have bigger lettering.  1937 will fit 1939-1940, but the lettering is pushed together and I think larger.  1941-50 Will not enterchange as they have a much wider mouth on the backside.  1941-42 Limited hubcaps are fatter to fit over the big front hub, but look like other 1941-42 with regard to lettering, yet have the smaller mouth like 1939-1940.  Regular 1939-40 hubcaps will fit the rear of a 1941-42 Limited, but lettering is wrong (now my memory could be failing me here because it seems to me that the rear hubcaps from a '39 were used (by me) years ago on the rear of my Limited.  So maybe the '41-42 Limited does have the smaller letters.  That would make sense because then they would fit four years in a row on the Limited.  I don't feel like going to the parts book to look, sorry.

On 8/4/2010 at 11:38 PM, bobj49f2 said:

I have a set of hubcaps for sale in the classified that I was told by Dave Tacheny were for 1941 and up Buicks. I bought them on eBay, the ad said the seller bought them for his '37 Buick but his Buick had 15" wheels, these caps are for 16" wheels. After I got them I found out they wouldn't fit the 16" '40 rims I'm using.

post-63376-143138270193_thumb.jpg

post-63376-143138270198_thumb.jpg

These are 1954-1956 and possible 1957-58 as well