Car Collector Magazine

jrbartlett

The FBI seized it along with all of the other assets of Tim Durham. There are no current plans to revive it, even if it was possible. Car Collector, nor those responsible for producing it, was not involved in Durham's financial activities. He was the owner, and the magazine went down with the ship.

To bad about Collector Car Magazine, but our own Antique Automobile Magazine from AACA is so improved, nobody will miss Collector Car.

Another first class one is Classic Car, a Hemming's publication, which I

recommend to others.

post-32318-143138234583_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I LOVED this magazine! I thought my subscription ran out because I quit receiving the magazine, but I get so many each month it took me a while to realize it. I actually was just trying to find their website because I wanted to renew my subscription and saw what the OP was talking about. Gosh - truly - what a shame. :( It was, bar none, the best.

Let's just say I understand why folks have restoration projects that last 20 years ;)

No chance of buying back issue of CCM either, eh? I'm still mourning the newly-discovered loss and am now gathering up all the issues I have so I can read them again.

Guest ken bogren

This is where it might not pay to take the longest subscription to get the best rate.

Apparently my subscription was set to run until late 2012.

Sad to see a neat magazine go away.

• 11 months later...
Guest lunaperro

I have one issue of November 2007, and my dad may have had some others, but I don't have access at the moment. I can ask my sister to see if he had any of these. He subscribed to tons of magazines, and we saved them because we didn't know what else to do with all of them.

• 5 years later...

I think I remember that car. I always liked that style Olds so it must have stuck.

I liked that magazine as well. I remember it having a good mix of feature cars and tech. The '80's and '90's were a good time for automotive media. Drama and exploitation were at a minimum back then.

There was a sense of true hobbyist in the writings. Many had a style that made you think they had a day job.

Back to Oldsmoblies, I bought a '56 Holiday 88 with a Super 88 engine back in those days. I guy came by the garage while I was working on it and exclaimed "Does she know how fast these are!"

It must be nice to get your foot into that one.

Bernie