Trip to Colorado to get our new 58

Guest sintid58

Guest sintid58

We left Tuesday afternoon a 2 741 miles to Colorado Springs arrived at 1:30 am took care of looking over the car left there at 2 PM and got home at 1:30 this morning. The car wasn't quit as nice as I hoped it was but I guess that is normal. Very well equiped for a Special and runs and drives great. Did a little negotiating and still payed to much but oh well. No rust anywhere, I am going to post a few pictures showing some things I don't know what they are. Here are a couple picture of the car on the trip and getting it loaded.

post-30993-143138225806_thumb.jpg

post-30993-143138225807_thumb.jpg

post-30993-14313822581_thumb.jpg

post-30993-143138225812_thumb.jpg

post-30993-143138225813_thumb.jpg

post-30993-143138225815_thumb.jpg

Guest sintid58

Will take some more in the next week or so. It is pretty nice, very well equipped for a Special.

post-30993-143138225875_thumb.jpg

post-30993-143138225877_thumb.jpg

Guest sintid58

No, the car was purchased new out of Guymon OK by the man who owned it until he passed away a short time ago. He lived in Liberal Kansas where the car spent most of his life and I purchased the car from the original owners grandson but the title was still in the original owners name. It is a 52 year old one owner car with only 58000 miles on it. The windsheild has a crack in it , passenger side rear window is cracked, A/C pump is locked up, someone sat in the rear seat with a screw driver in there pocket and rippred the seat pretty bad, amp gauge doesn't work, padded dash needs to be replaces and there are many more items that will need attention. If I had know everything that was wrong before I had driven out to get it I would have offered $1500 less than I ended up paying for it and not have went any higher. In the end I gave a little more than I wanted because I had drivern so far to get it. I do like the car a lot and the fact it has factory A/C makes it nice car for me and really when it comes down to it $1500 more or less is not much chrome work on one of there cars.

Beautiful '58 Sid. Glad to see you get your dream car. Great color, nicely optioned, relatively unmolested. Very nice. Now quit nit pickin her and enjoy!!!;):)

Hopefully you'll transfer some of these pictures and text over into the Me and My Buick forum where it will be easier for you to add onto and for us to find. I love to follow such stories as these, from when someone first finds their dream through to when they might restore or just clean up and enjoy and show and etc. Just a thought...:)

Guest sintid58

I plan on taking some more pictures and posting them on the me and my Buick website someday. What I really need is another day in the week, oh well I may have to hire a freind of mine to help get the motor swap done in the 55 if I want to take it to Ames. Still haven't registered for the meet I know we will take the 70 Skylark but am not sure if we will take the 55 or the 58 at this time and no sure if I can change cars at the last minute after I am registered. If I knew for sure whether or not I could swap cars in the driven class I would go ahead and register the 55 and the Skylark just to get it in. Can't wait to meet you and see that great 54 Landau.

Nice-looking car sid. Just think about it what's $1500 when he went that far and looked in the mirrior on the way home and seeing that pretty Buick following know when it's going to your driveway in will be loved. Lots of luck and enjoy the car.

Have a great Buick day

Frank

You can swap cars at the show, as long as it is done before the day of judging. That would be Friday for non-Driver's class, and Saturday for the Driver's class. We will have the ability to print new judging sheets and windshield cards at the registration desk. So go ahead and register what you think you'll bring and you can change them later. The most important thing at this point is the number of cars, so the parking lot can be designed ahead of time.