Who relines aluminum drums?

Smartin

This is what my drums look like...

What are these small round protuberances that look like rivets? There was one that was digging into the shoes and making a large gash in them. The other drum looks the same, but the shoes were fairly smooth.

I had just assumed these were so far out of spec that they were unusable.

I just went to the garage and plucked one of these round dealies out of the drum in the photo. It was the one that was scoring the shoes the worst.

Anyone seen anything like this?

post-31288-143138146911_thumb.jpg

Adam, I am going to put discs on my 57 so I don't need my aluminum drums. I assume the 57 and 58 are the same deal. One of my drums was broken and far beyond repair. The other is intact and probably OK to turn. I'll take a look in the next few days to see what gives.

BTW, I haven't seen you for some time. I haven't been to the monthly meetings, but I've been to some of the functions.

I've been so busy that I haven't been able to attend any meetings or events lately. I did go to the luncheon last weekend and Old Spaghetti Factory, though.

If you check the drums out and one or more look ok, then let me know, and I can take a day next week to come out. I am off the 23rd through Jan 2 or 3..

Thanks!

Guest Buick Bonery

Adam, I got one drum off and it looks pretty good, the other has cracked fins. Should I get it measured, or has someone else already got it covered?