It's A Beautiful Life......

keiser31

Guest oldodgeboys

Man, why did they repair it?? The crash is what makes this car special!

I heard they were going to fix the rips in the Declaration of Independence, then bleach the printing off and reapply the ink. It will look like new again.

I heard they were going to fix the rips in the Declaration of Independence, then bleach the printing off and reapply the ink. It will look like new again.

You have to be kidding??

Man, why did they repair it?? The crash is what makes this car special!

Yeah....and the Italians are planning on straightening the leaning tower of Pisa...

Actually they did work on the leaning tower some time back as it continued to lean more and more. It was about to fall over. They did extensive foundation and ground support! Oh and John, "It's a wonderful life" WAS on this last weekend and I watched the DB crash!

Actually they did work on the leaning tower some time back as it continued to lean more and more. It was about to fall over. They did extensive foundation and ground support!

From Wikipedia: Prior to restoration work performed between 1990 and 2001, the tower leaned at an angle of 5.5 degrees but the tower now leans at about 3.99 degrees.<sup id="cite_ref-3" class="reference"></sup> This means that the top of the tower is 3.9 metres (12 ft 10 in) from where it would stand if the tower were perfectly vertical.

Those dern restorers! Just can't just keep 'em in original shape.

Forget the leaning tower --- whatever did happen to the DB used in the film??? Is it in a museum or in private hands?

I do recall seeing an article in an old DB magazine but could not locate the copy. I wanted to prove to a friend that a DB was indeed used in the movie.

In the A/M 1994 Issue of the DB Newletter, page 8 there is a letter from Duane Ludke, Santee,CA stating that "....it's restored and runs well..."

Well, if it is Duane Ludke's car, then here it is. I never knew Duane owned that particular car, but it makes total sense now. I took this years ago when I lived in San Diego. This particular day, we were checking out the V16 Cadillac I found. He REALLY wanted it, but it was not for sale.

post-37352-143138145715_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138145719_thumb.jpg

Here is another shot of the 1921 Dodge (from "It's A Beautiful Life") that Duane Ludke owns. To the left is the minty 1969 Plymouth Valiant that my grandmother left to me and to the right is my friend George DeBolt's 1921 DB.

post-37352-143138145732_thumb.jpg