1931 Patrician deluxe sedan

Guest tea

I am looking at a almost complete 1931 Patrician deluxe sedan claims to have 25000 original miles only missing one spare tire side mount cover. My question is what is a fair value for this car and I was reading a post, should this car have had steel instead of wood rims? Second question , where is a good place to check on the availability of new and used parts.

thanks

Let's see if we can give you a little more help. Patrician sedans are not real plentiful. That being said a lot of parts are the same as the standard and deluxe sedans. There were two Patrician sedans available in 1931. The standard version had wood spokes with the deluxe version having wire wheels. Condition is real important and thusly it is impossible for anyone to give you a good idea on the value but it sounds like you may be looking at a mid-teens price vehicle or a bit more. Some books give you a high value of 20K but books don't buy cars! Good luck.

• 9 months later...

Oner definate item are the opera lites in the rear. I'm pretty sure the sedan only had a dome light. I'd have to check on the other things, I don't know how much of the interior is the same. The shades and robe rail, foot rest ect. I think they all had the crank up front windsheild and adjustable front seat. The one to talk to on that would be Ray Altier, he is the Olds club adviser for 31's. Rich

I'm also trying to learn what exactly the Patrician Sedan is vs the Sedan. Both come in either Standard or Deluxe. I have a Deluxe Patrician Sedan. Deluxe would be sidemounts, trunk rack, bumpers...but what does the Patrician have that the regular sedan does not. Hmmmm

The Patrician Sedan, at least in 1931, featured the previously mentioned Pullman-type rear quarter lamps in place of a central dome lamp, silk robe cord, silk assist cords, dual rear armests, dual rear ash receivers, extra quality whipcord or mohair upholstery, and a special bird-like ornamental radiator cap (which was optional on lesser Oldses).

Paul

Edited by Oldsfan (see edit history)