Buicks at Hershey

38Buick 80C

Here are just a few Buicks that were at Hershey. A couple from the flea market, the car corral and the showfield. Also a couple very interesting non-Buicks. One of the 6 Stainless Steel 1936 Fords produced in coordination with/by Allegheny Steel and the only Convertible Tucker.

For more info on the interesting Non-Buicks

Allegheny Ludlum Stainless Steel

The Official Site of the Tucker Convertible!

post-53096-143138118862_thumb.jpg

post-53096-143138118865_thumb.jpg

post-53096-143138118869_thumb.jpg

post-53096-143138118879_thumb.jpg

post-53096-143138118882_thumb.jpg

post-53096-143138118885_thumb.jpg

post-53096-14313811889_thumb.jpg

post-53096-143138118893_thumb.jpg

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Brian:

It was great to see you at Hershey and you brought Dad along.

Did you get a picture of the unrestored, all there, original and running well 1906 Model F Buick? !!!! It was for sale in the car corral !!! A 103 year old survivor !!

Regards, Dave Corbin

Dave,

No I mostly took pictures on Friday and it was gone by Friday. I really wanted to see it and obviously wasn't fast enough.

Oh and not only was my father there , but one of our newest BCA members, my older brother Kevin also made it out on Friday with me.

Derek, You HAVE to go, it's like nothing else!

We were there with the 32 Buick model 67 Tues -Friday on the Chocolate Field and then on the showfield Saturday morning. We were fortunate to receive our Senior award. There were some beautiful Buicks on the showfield and I have some pictures I will post later.

Chuck Nixon

Fort Worth, TX

post-36870-143138119579_thumb.jpg

Edited by chuckfmtexas (see edit history)

Chucks 1932 won a Senior Gold at the BCA Colorado Springs meet, it also won the "Spirit of Buick" award presented by Mr. Bvlgari. I hope you can bring it to Salado in April so more Texas people can see the car.

Barney, just got the car back tonight from Hershey.

We will plan to come to Salado in April. I wanted to bring it last year but had a conflict with AACA Charlotte and the rear main had a serious oil leak which is now fixed.

We want to share and show the car as much as we can to let others appreciate the wonderful designs GM and Buick produced in 1932.

Chuck

38 Buick - well, there's always Hershey 2010. I intend to find myself a better Buick than my '71 LeSabre. It's in decent shape with 120K on it but the tranny is getting weak and it has a driveline vibration that bothers above 55 mph. I just don't dare to take it that far. I had a '66 LeSabre that I sold in 2005 - wish I hadn't now, but that's water over the dam. I'd like to find a '65-'70 with low miles and working power accessories, but have always liked the boattail. Not too fond of the styling of full sized Buicks from '73-'76 but I did see that light yellow '76 LeSabre 4 door hardtop with 25K on it in the Chocolate field. Could have come home with that, too, because it was a 4 door hardtop. Actually, this is the first time I've gone to Hershey that I could afford to buy something and didn't. I recently inherited from my uncle and there wasn't much in the car corral that I couldn't have purchased but until things get completely settled, I'm hesitant to spend any of it.