Handicap Vehicle availability

Hate to admit it but after more than 30 years of perfect attendance , some of us are getting old and finding it difficult to get around .

Can anyone tell me if golf carts or other types of transport are available at the fields and what the requirements are to rent one??

Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Thank you .

If you have a state issued Handicapped Placard they cannot BY FEDERAL LAW deny you the use of a golf cart. In fact, I believe it is unlawful to even challenge anyone as to the nature or severity of their disability if they have a handicapped pass.

Let's see if we can wake up all the lawyers here...I believe the quote above would be more accurate if it said "personal mobility/conveyance vehicle". I don't think there is a law that gives anyone the right to a golf cart...

I think yiou are correct about the challenge to their particular handicap though.

Let's see if we can wake up all the lawyers here...I believe the quote above would be more accurate if it said "personal mobility/conveyance vehicle". I don't think there is a law that gives anyone the right to a golf cart...

I think yiou are correct about the challenge to their particular handicap though.

Of course I meant the term "golf cart" to be interpreted in its generic sense. Would be interesting to know what rules Hershey Region and/or HERCO can legally enforce re personal mobility devices. I agree that such usage needs to be controlled as much as possible in the interest of public safety.

Can anyone give me an idea of the cost of rental for the handicap vehicles?

I've never given in to the need before, but things are different today, what the 2 most recent surgeries, and not managing to reverse the aging process (where is Ponce de Leon's Fountain of youth?)

Thank You,

Someone from the Hershey Region should be able to chime in with the exact figure (assuming a vendor will be on site renting them), but I seem to remember that other venue's I have seen it is about $35/day for a personal mobility scooter.