Lug Bolt Pattern

Guest nofrills33

Guest nofrills33

I need to move my "33 Dodge to a new location. Old tires are shot, do not want to pull it up on the roll back by the wire wheels.

Is there a "modern" wheel that might match up so I can get it on the roll back and then move it around once it's home?

I would appreciate any advice, suggestions,etc.!

Depending on what you think you'll end up spending on some temporary rims and tires you might want to do a Google search for "wheel dolly" and see what you come up with. One set of 4 was around $100 and might be of long lasting value to you for other jobs. Here a picture I grabbed of a typical wheel dolly rated at 1000 lbs each.

post-61720-143138115218_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phil 32DL6 (see edit history)

Guest nofrills33

Thanks Phil and dave...My thought on the wheel dolly was that they would not handle the "trip" up the rollback... any thoughts on that? I do like the fact that i would probably use them again.

Thanks for the pattern/measurements..I will look around for a few spare rims

Guest nofrills33

Thanks, Keiser31...I knew that this was the place to go! Can't wait to start working on Grandad's '33-again! I hope the mice like their new home (at least those that survive the trip!)

Yeah....I don't know about dryer sheets...I put some in the trunk of my '31. That's where the mouse turds landed...RIGHT in the middle of the dryer sheets!! Mice are becoming immune to those around here, I guess.

We us the roll dollys pretty often and if you get a set with the big wheels and dont abuse the tires by rolling cars around on uneven gound or gravel they will last a lifetime. You will not have any problem using them with a rollback, many of our wreckers keep them aboard to load cars up that cant be moved otherwise without further damage, course those wheels are changed often.

Guest nofrills33

I am leaning toward the dolly. The guy who is doing the moving might have some , but I think in the long run it would be worth my while to get a set to ease moving it in and out of the garage as necessary, like when my wife wants to put her car back in the garage...

On another note, is it animal cruelty if I put my cat in the car and hope she cleans up the mouse problem BEFORE the car gets here? Just a thought.

Thanks for all the help, what are dryer sheets? Real men shouldn't know about that ;)

Drier sheets are the fabric softner sheets women put in the drier. I've had good luck with them and they smell MUCH better then moth balls. Along with some in the car place some of the inside of the tires where the little critters climb up to get in your car. Just putting them in the car isn't enough, it's better to keep them out of the car altogether. Besides moth balls aren't supposd to be good for you either.