Reatta's gone wild...............sorry!

johnemac

Aww, come on.

This is why they made Honda Civics and Acura Integras. I can appreciate (and accept) some customization, but to have so defiled a Reatta just for the ego trip (yes, anyone who does this kind of over the top stuff is just begging for attention, and to have their $3000 wheels jacked for that matter) just makes me reach for the mouthwash.

I guess the real question is which is bigger: the rims or the subs in the trunk? Actually, I just got a great idea I'm going to patent - a 20" alloy frame subwoofer with 5 bolt holes around the voice coil. Blow out one of those low-profile tires, and you can pull the sub out to bolt it on as spare. Ride quality should be about the same.

KDirk

Guest steveskyhawk

These cars arent the way I would have them if they were mine, however, they bought and paid for them and they are their cars not mine. I get similar feelings when I see a car run into the ground and not maintained but I remid myself that an owner has the right to use or abuse his property as he sees fit. My guess is that these cars reside in the San Francisco Bay area where this style is popular. I'm sure the owners of these outrageous colored cars might be apalled to see a Reatta driven over a salt covered, potholed road in Indiana. There is more to life than grey valve stem caps and Delco batteries. To each his own.

Guest F14CRAZY

The Reatta is a hand built performance-luxury coupe. It should never be made to look "gaudy". The car speaks for itself.

And in my opinion 18'' wheels or larger don't look right and begin to "lift" the car, not good for a performance-luxury coupe.

Guest Richard D

Those remind me of a fad from about 10 years ago where kids would take perfectly good import mini pick-ups and paint them up, put big wheels and tires that had almost no sidewall and lower them so you might have two inches of suspension travel.:rolleyes: I would see them driving down the street and even paint stripes would send passengers bouncing up to the roof, and crossing a speed bump is a several minute affair as the bottom of the "truck" scrapes the yellow paint off the asphalt. They finally went away.:)

The Reatta is a hand built performance-luxury coupe. It should never be made to look "gaudy". The car speaks for itself.

And in my opinion 18'' wheels or larger don't look right and begin to "lift" the car, not good for a performance-luxury coupe.

Thanks to Phil for input from the younger generation.... Jim

Guest re-reatta

I just wish I had the money to put into mine, that they put into theirs. Like they always say, "Beauty is in the eye of the BEER holder". I guess we can't criticize them too much. They did choose a Reatta to drive.

Guest Kingglory

Did you add a 40oz beer holder and a place to hide your gat? Let me try my Ebonics lingo, Dat bees 1 phat, mo-fo, baller hoopty! Peace out ! LMAO ...

Did you add a 40oz beer holder and a place to hide your gat? Let me try my Ebonics lingo, Dat bees 1 phat, mo-fo, baller hoopty! Peace out ! LMAO ...

One of those cars is on our local craigslist. He asked $7K for it. See:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1390808072.html

Here is another (no pictures). Same seller. Now he wants $3800, but it sounds like he took those dumb wheels off:

dumbass wett reatta best offer

Still 'lifted' though. How bad do they mess up the suspension to handle those wheels?