Curved Dash Oldsmobile - Tire Pressure

TimCole

STEVE MOSKOWITZ WILL KNOW !!

I think CDOs came with various tires over their production. If Steve doesn't know, the folks at either Universal Tire or Coker Tire will definitely know also. If you know the tire brand and size, the info is probably on one of their web sites.

What is the correct tire pressure for the Curved Dash Oldsmobile?

Also, what is the correct oiler drip rate?

Tire pressure as advised above.

Drip oiler on most early one lung engines is about on drip every 10 to 15 seconds. Adjust it while it is running as cylinder pressure can affect the flow of oil which depends on how good the rings are. Most sight drip oilers have a check valve in them that will prevent excessive blowback. Dandy Dave!

Sorry, I was in Kansas but the advice on 55 pounds is correct.

Tim, give me your email address, private if you would like and I will send you the complete page of instructions on the rate of drip.

You should join the Curved Dash Oldsmobile Club! TON of information available including a MUST book written by Gary Hoonsbeen which will answer most questions you have on the "care and feeding" of your CDO.

To all others...as of this weekend, "Murphy" is alive and running. More to come...

Hey thanks for all the help. I don't know how to send someone my e-mail address via this forum.

As regards tires pressures does the high pressure also apply to front wheels which have no brakes? I'm concerned because the wheel bearings are a cageless design that is very dainty. The outers are still original. The inners were totalled.

The oiler was dripping one drop every three seconds which I thought was excessive. However, Cadillac was specifying 15 to 20 drops per minute for some models which is pretty fast. The car was just swimming in oil - too fast and the motor can run out of oil.

This is a customer car and he can't find the manual. He specified 70 psi for the tires and according to my calculations the power pulse from the little Oldsmobile is significantly higher than the Packard Twelve.

Edited by TimCole (see edit history)

Hey thanks for all the help. I don't know how to send someone my e-mail address via this forum.

As regards tires pressures does the high pressure also apply to front wheels which have no brakes? I'm concerned because the wheel bearings are a cageless design that is very dainty. The outers are still original. The inners were totalled.

The oiler was dripping one drop every three seconds which I thought was excessive. However, Cadillac was specifying 15 to 20 drops per minutes for some models which is pretty fast. The car was just swimming in oil.

This is a customer car and he can't find the manual. He specified 70 psi for the tires and according to my calculations the power pulse from the little Oldsmobile is significantly higher than the Packard Twelve.

Click on the person's name to whom you want to email and click on "send email to..."

In a hurry but tire pressure is the same all around.

6 to 10 drops per minute is the correct rate. If it makes it easy for you email me at aaca1@aaca.org and I can give you the documentation. Please tell the owner about the book and the club. He NEEDS to join. If he is going to drive his car the CDO club and AACA can be a great resource for him.