New parts source for 63-75 Riv's

Guest gordonsievers

Guest gordonsievers

Didn't see it mentioned here yet but I saw in a car magazine an ad from Original Parts Group that they soon will have a catalog for 63-75 Rivieras. If you go to either www.opgi.com or www.buickpartscatalog.com you can fill in a mail order to receive catalog when it is done sometime in 2009.

It will be interesting to see exactly what they carry and what quality it is.

Maybe it will also give Year One a kick in the butt to carry some Riviera stuff also.

Gordon Sievers

Phoenix, Oregon

63 Riviera

ROA #11174

Guest Riviera66

September marks the 1 year anniversary of their ads. So far, the only thing they have is a picture of a catalog cover. Not an impressive start...

Darwin Falk

ROA#2077

As Darwin pointed out, they have been running that ad for almost a year. I've also heard that they are sourcing everything out to a China company and nothing is even close. All this junk crap coming from China is finally biting every company in the rear for running over there for their cheap labor. :mad:

Bob Bonto ROA # 277

Technical Advisor 71-73

Guest Greg_Setter

Well, I just sent them a sample of my '69-'70 Riv Woodgrain Kits and pricing a week or so back. They inquired after hearing about them (they also carry my GS/Skylark kits).

So, maybe they are getting a little closer.... Oh, and my kits are made right here in the good 'ol USA! :)

GS

Guest Riviera66

Well, I'm pleasantly surprised. I got OPGI's catalog for the '50s '60s '70s Cadillacs in the mail today. Many/most of the items are reselling of other people's products of course... but seeing all the reproduction stuff photographed / described in full color in one book was a great experience. There are a couple Eldorado items I'll be ordering ...that fit Riviera too. If they do approximately as well for Riviera as they did for Cadillac then we're in for a whole different buying experience than any of us are used to (well except for those Riv owners who have a Chevy in their garage too).

Darwin Falk

ROA#2077

If it ever truely makes it to print and turns out to be an actual source of parts for us -- it will be nice to have another source to choose from and what appears to be a source that will have a rather large selection-of parts we can all use- if it looks anything like the Caddy catalog.-Let's also hope the quality of the parts and service from the company live up to the hype!!

I've been going on their site for quite some time myself waiting for that Riv catalog, sure is taking a long while :(

Anybody know where you can get clips for the "horseshoe" side trim for a 64 Riv?

Your best best is Mike at the Buick Bonery. The clips aren't traditional barrel nuts but rectangular in shape. No one produces them anymore.

Thanks for the reply Jim, not sure what the odds of getting used ones are. The guy I bought the car from took one side off to get it ready for paint and said all the clips broke when he did. He didn't paint it either. :confused: I'll give them a call though, thanks!

• 3 months later...

Received a card in today's mail from OPG announcing that their Riviera parts were available online with free shipping now through Christmas... I went to their web site and clicked on the Riviera catalog only to find that the parts are still "coming soon." The mailer indicated that the printed catalog will be available in January... we'll see...

Al and all,

The January 2010 edition of Hemmings Classic Cars has an article about Dave Leonard and Original Parts Group coming out with a Cadillac Catalog. Third to the last paragraph states:

"More new catalogs are in the works: A Buick Riviera catalog, covering the bulk of the rear wheel drive models, is coming at the end of the year (with a full-size Buick catalog to follow), and a Pontiac Grand Prix/full-size catalog will be along early in 2010."

Looks like they are busy over at OPG! Can't wait to see the long awaited, much anticipated Riviera Catalog!

Take Care,

Tim

Guest Gee_Rydes

I saw their weak excuse for a picture of the door panel today as I was looking at the other stuff. At least with Clark's you know the material and quality. However, this is a good vendor and they would probably take a return if you are not satisfied. I used them 20 years ago when they only did Camaro stuff.