WTB: '29 Plymouth Master Cylinder

Trying to help a friend find a brake master cylinder for a '29 Plymouth.

The number on the cylinder is 1208. The photo attached shows what the cylinder looks like. Also, you can see in the picture that the space requirements are very limited between the steering column and the bell housing.

Any help someone may provide in locating the correct master cylinder would be appreciated.

This is one of the final items to getting this project back on the road.

Please PM me if you might have, or can provide a lead on obtaining one of these.

Thanks,

Bob

29Ply-vi.jpg

I can't help on a source for a new/rebuilt or usable replacement.

But the insides are basically the same on that as on later Plymouths and you can get rebuild kits. And there are several companies that will sleeve it in either brass or stainless.

So as long as you have a core, you can probably get it rebuilt.

Try the Plymouth 4 & 6 cylinder Club, WPC Club or the DeSoto Club sites. It is like no other Chrysler product master cylinder that I have ever seen. I imagine that only the DeSoto of 1928-29 may have a similar configuration. You might try sending the photo to the Whitepost Restorations guys. They could possibly come up with one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: keiser31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try the Plymouth 4 & 6 cylinder Club, WPC Club or the DeSoto Club sites. It is like no other Chrysler product master cylinder that I have ever seen. I imagine that only the DeSoto of 1928-29 may have a similar configuration. You might try sending the photo to the Whitepost Restorations guys. They could possibly come up with one. </div></div>

The 29 DeSoto is different. I had a 29 Ply and a 29 DeSoto at the same time years ago, and I did notice that they were different.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: F&J</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: keiser31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try the Plymouth 4 & 6 cylinder Club, WPC Club or the DeSoto Club sites. It is like no other Chrysler product master cylinder that I have ever seen. I imagine that only the DeSoto of 1928-29 may have a similar configuration. You might try sending the photo to the Whitepost Restorations guys. They could possibly come up with one. </div></div>

The 29 DeSoto is different. I had a 29 Ply and a 29 DeSoto at the same time years ago, and I did notice that they were different.</div></div>

Great to know. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...