Cup holders

WestMich 89

Guest daveagain909

I have in each of my 90 reatta's a double cup holder I buy from walmart it costs about $5. it has 2 cup holders and a square slot in between the 2 cup holders that I use to hold my cell phone. They are black and if you are lucky you can find a tan plastic one. it slides between the passenger seat base cushion and the center consol. works great but the cup holders could be a little deeper , but still works ok. I would recommend them. Cheap, works well, and not bad looking.

I have a 2 hole power strip mounted above where the drivers knee is [under the dash way to the front]. With the 2 upholders mounted bt the fuse box and a coin holder mounted to the front side of the console storage bin, most everything is addressed. Oh and I put the cell phone in the fold of the passenger front seat at the thigh support...

I too was frustrated with other design so I made my own, and have put them in all the Reatta's I have owned and never had any problems with this design, I did have someone give feed back where his wife somehow stepped on it and broke it. Glad to hear you like it and use it.

Guest CL_Reatta

I made my own that goes into the ashtray, but I use a fold up one that adjusts to cup size in the miata $10 at west marine

Yes, I am <span style="text-decoration: underline">very</span> pleased with it.. The size of the cup

openings can be modified to suit one’s needs. I

thank you for sharing the plans with the group

some years ago. And when my wife needs to get

a “leg over”, I request her not to step on it. Yet, it

is sturdy enough to do so…. smile.gif

Regards

matthewlawe

89 White/Blue

Guest DTerry

daveagain909:

I use the same one. It's called "The Wedgie". Got it at WalMart. It's simple, cheap, works well, and you can pull it out and throw it in the back.