Need Tire Transported-MI to LOUISIANA

Marty Roth

MOVE TIRE - Ferndale, Michigan to New Orleans, or Johnstown, PA

Can you transport one tire from Ferndale (Detroit) to the New Orleans area anytime?

I live in the New Orleans Metro area in Metairie, Louisiana.

I could also arrange to pick it up near Johnstown, PA anytime.

This is a clean, new-old 8.20x15 whitewall as a spare for my car.

Any help would be appreciated.

Phone: 504-258 - 3909

E-mail MartyDaleRoth@aol.com

Thanks

Marty, for sure check with Greyhound Bus and see what they would charge. Last year we sent quite a few large Legends racecar parts, fenders and tires to buyers using Greyhound. Every person received their order on time and in perfect condtion.

UPS and FedEx would not even consider taking them.

Guest Bob Call

MARTY

FedEx ground would probably want the tire boxed. Using the bus for freight is something I have done for nearly 40 years. Charges are reasonable. They will probably take the tire unwrapped as long as it has the shipping label firmly affixed so it won't come off. Has to be delivered to and picked up at a bus station.

I'm sure Marty has thought of shipping. I think he's looking for the odd chance that a forum member is heading in the right direction. I did this for a member not that long ago, who was trying to get a steering column up from Florida. I picked it up at the Winter Meet and brought it as far as Dayton Ohio. Another forum member picked it up from here and took it the rest of the way.

In the Dalmatian/other breed rescue world we call that a "transport". smile.gif

As for me I understood that he was asking for someone to do what you did. But just incase he couldn't find someone to do that I wanted to suggest sending it by bus. Many people don't think of shipping large, heavy, odd shaped items by them. For us it turned out to be the only way to get the items to the buyers. And we didn't have to box any of it. Shipping labels were enough. Even the fiberglass fenders arrived in perfect condition.

That's why I love this forum and the folks who make it so great.

So many great ideas, and so much personal experience.

Yes, we were hoping for a transport, as we do the same for other hobbyists, and also "transport" rescued Dalmatians and other breeds. I retrieved a windshield and bumper for a '57 Ford in Slidell, Louisiana, transported it to Hershey, TRIMACAR transported it to Winchester, Virginia, and someone else took it the rest of the way on behalf of a friend from Alabama -- Great Bunch!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: West Peterson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Susan

You're putting fiberglass fenders on your antique cars!? eek.gif </div></div>

Not on your life West. cool.gif You missed the first post where I said they were <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Legends </span></span>racecar fenders.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #3333FF">Last year we sent quite a few large Legends racecar parts, fenders and tires to buyers using Greyhound.</span> </div></div>

In Texas on Founders Tour, but heading back to New Orleans on Thursday ---

Anybody heading this way from the Detroit area?

Guest Bob Call

Wayne

How do you get a magnet to stick to a fiberglass fender so you can fool the judges?

the tire will be a backup spare for our '54 Cadillac, as well as a stationary display .

Thanks for asking,

Marty

We are back from Founders Tour --back home in New Orleans.

Anybody heading this way from the Detroit area??