Side curtien attachment.

Leif Holmberg

Lief, could not believe it. Just talked to John Lee in Australia, and he had been looking for the same thing for his 24 McLaughlin Buick Touring. He finally found some in Canada at http://www.oldcarcentre.com/ He said they were also used on Model As. Could not find them in the US. He also sent me a page of a catalog that shows the image of the fastners and part numbers. I have no clue on how to post the image to his forum so write me at unimogjohn@aol.com and I will send it to you.

John

• 7 years later...

hi all

the ones used in the model a are different as they don't have wood in there body's the model a ones sort of clip or crimp into the body work you may be able to use them but you may need to counter bore a hole into the timber to make space for the clips the good thing is the other half of the curtain fastener from a model a will fit the buick sockets quite well and that's what I used on my cay and I was luckily enough to buy some new body sockets from a old model a guy who brought some buick one years ago thinking he could use them on his a  it would be good to see if they can still be sourced as I'm sure these will wear out in time thanks tony

Tony,

Good point on the model A side curtain sockets.  I would use them, but they do not have the hex on the outside, and no screw to hold to the wood.  At least they have the side curtain part that fits our car which is good, so half the battle solved.. 

Rod,

I contacted " Old Car Center", from unimogjohn's link and they said that they had not seen this style before. 

Hugh

Heillo Lief and to the rest of the members posting and looking for these fasteners.    About 30 years ago I bought the ones for my 25-45 from Spaenaur which is a large fastener supply company in Canada.  They have an online catalog and if you google them and and look at page M43 there is item 64C Socket.  Unfortunately it is shown as not available.  I sent them an email and asked it they they knew who made them.  They replied the next day that they unfortunately do not have those records any more or who they sourced them from and were unable to help.  I looked through my stash and found a couple of spares and so far one of my original ones which could probably be cleaned up and polished to look presentable.  I looks like the only hope of finding  some may be a major restoration facility like the one Mark refers to even though they don't show them in their catalog.  And again if they do have them they may not want to part with any.   The Reynolds Alberta Museum is such a facility and may be worth a try.   Leon  

IMG_1008.jpg