STOLEN CAR..ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!

STOLEN—ALERT

1970 Chevelle Conv SS 454 LS6

Red with White Sripes, white pearl interior, white rag top, Mint Condition, 4,054 miles on od, speakers in rear seat floor removable, craiger wheels. Stolen from Joeys Speed Performance, Hudson, Fl.

STOLEN---3-17-09.

Vin # 136670B204973

Please contact the Pasco County Fl Sheriff's department if you see the car, please contact them at 727-847-5878, police report number 09-15808

Owner, Mike Panopoulos 727-639-9543

Let's help this guy out and find the scumbag thief and that car! Then we can install a skid plate to it (so as not to damage the undercarriage) and run the jerk who took the car over....repeatedly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tbirdman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why modify the car? No I think we should strap the thief to a Pinto then lightly tap the Pinto's rear bumper with a hammer laugh.gif </div></div>

Ouch.

(from the co-owner of the newly-HPOF-certified '73 Pinto at this past fall's Hershey Fall Meet)

Hershey08JackDianePintoLeftFrontOvrll.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stock_steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tbirdman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why modify the car? No I think we should strap the thief to a Pinto then lightly tap the Pinto's rear bumper with a hammer laugh.gif </div></div>

Ouch.

(from the co-owner of the newly-HPOF-certified '73 Pinto at this past fall's Hershey Fall Meet)

Hershey08JackDianePintoLeftFrontOvrll.JPG </div></div>

Your Pinto is safe laugh.gif

Guest Plymouthy

come on guys...even if it is a Pinto how many little two door wagon are out there...I am a wagon fan and can only say congrats to the owner, looks like a fine car...keep it running...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Plymouthy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">come on guys...even if it is a Pinto how many little two door wagon are out there...I am a wagon fan and can only say congrats to the owner, looks like a fine car...keep it running... </div></div>

That's really nice of you to say, Plymouthy. But not to worry, us long-suffering Pinto owners andd enthusiasts have already been conditioned. "Pinto" has long been an automotive punchline, and most likely will be for a long time to come. But there's really a unique thrill to being able to share ones Pinto enthusiasm with other like-minded folks, ref: http://www.kitfoster.com/2006/07/midsummer-nights-dream.html - probably not at all unlike those who are enthusiastic about other smaller, similarly less-"established" antique autos.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W Burgess</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Steve, now your article is picking on the lowly Chevy Vega. eek.gifsmile.gif

I owned two of them. All you had to do was follow Pres. Obama's suggestion....trade early, trade often! grin.gif

Just think, I'll bet you have seen them on a show field somewhere too. wink.gif

Wayne </div></div>

Are you kidding, Wayne? Everyone knows Vegas were pieces of cr*p!

Just kidding of course--whatever floats your boat, I say. My dad owned a Vega--but not for long--though the "Iron Duke"-equipped Pontiac Astra he traded it for was actually a pretty neat little wagon...

I've seen at least one Vega on the show field at Hershey in the past, and of course there is a really serious die-hard group of Cosworth Vega owners out there...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tbirdman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why modify the car? No I think we should strap the thief to a Pinto then lightly tap the Pinto's rear bumper with a hammer laugh.gif </div></div>

uhhhh that "myth" was set to rest in the court case that Ford was involved with.

That particular car in Ohio that "blew up" when slammed HARD in the rear had just left a gas station where they had filled up AND LEFT THE GAS CAP ON TOP OF THE GAS PUMP.

Summary: lots of cars get bad raps for various reasons, some from lack of maintenance, while others from urban legends that grow out of control. Nearly all cars will function properly when used as designed.