Sunshine Turret Tops in Buicks

Guest DaveCorbin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have communicated with a BCA member within the past year or two who has a 1940 Buick, green in color, with the sunshine turret top, so I can assure you that yours is not the only one, but it is very rare.

Only a very small portion of antique Buick owners ever look at or participate in this forum, so you are jumping to conclusions if you think the people on here represent the entire universe of antique Buick owners.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, Texas

Pete has a point. In fact that got me wondering how many are listed in the BCA and if STT's have a special VIN.   About 5 years ago, an old car dealer in Maine had a 1939. Now, there is no way to see where that one went. 

There is an "A" after the model number. Nothing special in the VIN number.

BOP. just checking back in as I am intrigued by your car and so to your forum id "BOP Collector". Please consider telling us the story of your car, the rarity of it, how you let it go at one time and then getting it back, your future plans for it etc etc in the Me and My Buick Forum.

Also I personally would like to hear more about your " BOP collection". Is it cars or cars and factory/dealership memorabilia or ?

• 5 months later...

Here's a nice '40 Century Model 61 Sunshine Turret Top that's been in the little registry I started back in '99.

I just ran across my original notes and list a couple of days ago.

http://forums.aaca.org/topic/126896-sunshine-turret-tops-in-buicks/?p=585682

post-87514-0-85269100-1452216415_thumb.j

post-87514-0-42969600-1452216395_thumb.j

Maybe we can convince its owner to bring it to Allentown. One day we'll need to update the registry to reflect the modern era.

TG

Time to run this photo once again. This is the late David Corbin (who started this thread in 2009) putting his hand through the open roof of a 1939 Century model 61A. The Century is owned by Paul Meyer's family in St. Louis. I was there last month and the car is still in great shape, kept in the garage, and taken out occasionally by one of Paul's grandsons. I don't know what their plans are for it, but I'm glad they are continuing Paul's care for it.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

post-77451-0-53311000-1452217279_thumb.j

• Like 3

Time to run this photo once again. This is the late David Corbin (who started this thread in 2009) putting his hand through the open roof of a 1939 Century model 61A. The Century is owned by Paul Meyer's family in St. Louis. I was there last month and the car is still in great shape, kept in the garage, and taken out occasionally by one of Paul's grandsons. I don't know what their plans are for it, but I'm glad they are continuing Paul's care for it.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Two great men, Dave and Paul, Miss 'em both! Thanks for posting Pete!

• Like 3