See these photos of a ROCKNE that's FOR SALE.

Curis

Does it have the bumpers, spare wheel, seats?

Also depends on what location.

Around here, I could probably sell it fairly quickly for 4500-ish, maybe 5k. Then if it was 100% complete and ran good, I'd touch it up a bit and maybe get 6k-6.5?, but not quick.

That's a VERY nice styled car, looks real slick with the wire wheels, looks like a rumble seat too. Save it from getting rodded. Yes, I own rods, but would never mod that car...especially if the motor is orig and runs.

• Like 1

The photos are from the 70's, 1975 to be exact. The car is behind 3 others in a barn in a not so 'photo friendly' a spot. The bumpers are there. The seats, needing covers, are all there and so is the hood ornament. I believe I heard $15,000 and if his wife hadn't just passed it wouldn't even be for sale. I realize they didn't build many of these but that price seems a little steep to me.

What do the 'antique auto guys' think??

Curtis;

Here is info from the June 08 "Old Cars Price Guide":

32 Rockne model 75 4 passenger standard coupe 6 cyl 114" WB. Deluxe would be sidemounted.

Condition 4 shows $2,800

Cond 3 is $6300

Cond 2 is $9800

Cond 1 is $14000

Now, lets see what condition 4 is described as;

QUOTE/ " GOOD-A drivable vehicle needing NO, or MINOR work to be functional. Also, a deteriorated restoration, or a very poor amateur restoration. All components may need restoration to be excellent, but the car is mostly usable "as is". This is a driver. It may be in process of restoration or it's owner may have big plans, but even at 20 feet away, there is no doubt that it needs lots of help"

END OF QUOTE.

I won't list all of the Condition 3, but it says that it would be very nice, and that most cars seen at a local show or cruise would be a 3.

Condition 1 is a full tilt restored, trailered Hershey Senior winner.

This car appears to be a 32 model 75. I say that because the 32 65 shows only a business coupe with no rumble. Interesting that the prices are the same for both.

These are just guides, and for years, I have seen that the lower grade pricing seems a little low in the real world. I still go with the figures I posted before, which are a lot higher than this guide. I like that car a lot, but I'd never go over 7k even if I hit the lotto.

Try a Google Image Search for 1932 Rockne, there are a couple of pics of coupes.

Best advice for the seller is to keep all the parts with the car or label each part. I'll stop right there and you fill in the rest smile.gif

• Like 1

Old car guide is not accurate for a rare coupe like this. On ebay this car would sell for between $7500 to $10k. Probably to be street rodded.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a 1932 Rockne Model 65, regular body style. The front fender design is what tells it apart from a 1933. In 1932 they made Model 65's and 75's. The Model 75 was made on a longer wheel base so the coupe was made with two additional windows behind the passenger and driver windows aka 5 window coupe. The "V" in front of the radiator also is specific to a Model 65 - and Model 10 in 1933 but the fenders identify it as a 1932.

PRICE - I would buy it for $7,500 max. I just bought the same year coupe but a deluxe model - with twin side mounted spare tires, in much better shape for $12,000.

If you haven't contacted Larry Tholen yet I strongly suggest that you do. Larry keeps a register of ALL know Rockne's by their Serial number, body number and engine number. The serial number is located on a plate mounted to the side of the frame, drivers side behind the front wheel. Body number is also on the drivers side on a plate mounted to the lower right area of the body when you open the hood from the drivers side. The engine number is molded into the engine on the drivers side.

Let me know if it's still for sale

George