Doing research and need some help on 1923 Dodge Truck!!!!!

Stacie_1987

I currently doing a research for my brother on 1923 Dodge Screenside C-Cab Truck. I am stuck for much information, I need to know about everything there is from front to back and inside and out of the truck. Personally I am not a big car buff or anything like that, but since my brother does not have the ablilty to research this information. If anybody could help me out that would be greatly appreciated!!

The two best sources of info for any DB is the Book of Information and a book called "The Dodge Story" by Thomas Mc Pherson. The Book of Information is what the owner's manual was called. They can be found on Ebay or a copy can be gotten from the AACA library for cheap. Eveen a passenger car book would help with most info.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest james c.

I too am new to the screenside. I am starting a restoration on a 1925. But before I start I bought it with a bill of sale only and trying to get a title but am unsure of where the vin number is. there is a five number punched in the firewall just left of the body tag on the drivers side. I read that the number is on the passenger side frame rail but cant seem to find it. any help would be appreciated. Thanks stacie 1987 for letting me join your quest for knowledge.

Did Dodge always place the serial # on the...rear spring hanger on the front spring on the passenger side of the frame rail????I did not know they did that with all models all years, I guess I am only reffering to up to the early thirties, I do not mean up until now.

Guest Merchant Xpress

I've never been able to find a serial number on the frame of my 29 DB pick up. From what I've read some trucks just didn't get them but I haven't checked by the spring hanger so I'll look there tomorrow. Is that on the inner frame or outer frame?

Harry

Guest Merchant Xpress

I've never been able to find a serial number on the frame of my 29 DB pick up. From what I've read some trucks just didn't get them but I haven't checked by the spring hanger so I'll look there tomorrow. Is that on the inner frame or outer frame?

Harry

Guest Merchant Xpress

How big are these numbers? I have never seen anything that even looks remotely like numbers on my frame, either under the seat on the cross member or on the frame rails right or left.

Harry

Stamped in, maybe 3/8 high numbers, might be in a 5 or 6 inch line. Mine is not stamped in very deep. I had a guy that stoped by that knew where they were and pointed them out, I had to run a wire brush on my die grinder to bring them up so the DMV could see them.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest james c.

Jan, thank you for giving me the low down on vin vs. serial number. It truly helps in getting to know these great time machines. I also did find the numbers right where I was told to look. How did they do there numbering? I have an A then three numbers and a dash and three more numbers. Is there a sight I can go to to find when and where it was made? Just curious for my quest for knowledge. Thanks all for your time and patience with me. James C.