HERSHEY - Steve Moskowitz to lose his silvery locks!

paul455

Guest imported_Bookreader

Look at a message I sent on July 7th on this same thread. The South Jersey Region was on the plate early. We also sent out a challenge to the other regions; so yes, Steve, let's hear from them. wink.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Some guy who cannot spell chocolate town correctly and makes excuses that he does not have enough room to spell paid $100 to do the deed and he could not even get it right!! Typical poor performance on his part that he had brand new trimmers and only managed to hack away my hair in a pathetic performance. There will be pictures I am sure...!! It ain't pretty folks! smile.gif

Yes folks the deed was done, but due to a clipper malfunction it was incomplete. I am sue that Steve will now have to seek professional advice to see what can be salvaged. Many photos were taken and I am sure that some may soon appear on YTUBE.

Steve was true to his word, the final total has not been made but at this point we are at $10,400.00 and he did this willingly!!

I have been overwhelmed with the generous donations from the members, Regions and the general public.

At a latter date we will be making a more private check presentation to the Pflueger family. The update on Brandt is that in the past couple of weeks he has had surgery and may still have more chemo ahead but continues to fight.

Thanks to all that have made this a success!!

Lynn Gawel

Lynn, he may have taken it like a man, but he cried like a little girl. Anyone that has taken a 2 year old to the barber can multipy the tears by 10. the sobbing with rediculous. Too bad he wouldn't let me use my Swiss Army, it may have come out better. I do have a new found respect for Steve following through with this. But remember the reason for all this nonsense. I personally challenge ALL of you DFers out there to sit down and write a check for $100 to help out Brandt and his family. It was the best $100 I've spent in a long time. No child or family should have to go through a sickness like this. If we double the $10,000 maybe I'd let Steve shave my 30 year old beard. Yea, right!!

Doug, somewhat well said! smile.gif First, if it was "rediculous" you will have to explain the term as most of us cannot find that word in the dictionary! Secondly if you think I would let you anywheres near my head with a knife you are sadly mistaken although you are right, it probably would have turned out better!

I am proud of my friends, new friends and strangers who poured their heart out to help this family that none of us know. At the end of the day, it has to be about helping someone else out. As I have said there are many needy families out there and tons of causes, we stepped up for just one.

I am also proud of Lynn and Kim who got this ball rolling. I think they are more than happy that Doug got me "sobbing"...NOT! However, when Monday morning rolls along I will extract my vengeance!!!

• 2 weeks later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paul455</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The staff at National Headquarters is determined to help Brandt and his family. To that end, STEVE MOSKOWITZ, the Executive Director, has agreed to have his head shaved at the 2008 Hershey Fall Meet. We need to raise $10,000.00!!

</div></div>So where is the proof that this ever took place, we only hear rumors?! I understand it gives a whole new meaning to OldScarNut. We need pictures!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: West Peterson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got a photo, but if you think I'm going to risk my job by posting it here, you're sadly mistaken!! whistle.gif </div></div>

Awwww, come on West... Haven't your heard about "Freedom of the Press"???? grin.gif

What about "Wrongful Termination"???? wink.gif

Okay, you don't have to post the photo here.

But....

Since information about this fundraiser did appear in the AACA Magazine, the Photo you have

and a follow-up story regarding the fundraising effort (ie. final total raised) should be covered there.

Then again, maybe Steve will have a photo and the fundraising total in his column in the next issue of the magazine? grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nearchoclatetown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Take a chance. We've got your back! </div></div>

That's what I thought! Steve said a LOT of photos were taken, so I think I'll just sit back and see if anyone else from the home office is brave enough to post them.

I told Steve not to worry. At least he has hair to take off. I'm not so lucky!

Oh I am so sorry to disappoint you Dougy. It seems friends and family think the new look is better now that it IS growing back in (your handiwork is still evident) and I probably will keep it! Did I just ruin your day? grin.gif

OK children, you know the story about curiosity but here is one picture after the botched hair trimming!

how about for those of us that don't know steve , and like me dont live in the states ,but have been following this saga closely,show us a before and after shot, personally i think it looks quite good , a bit thin in front , but he still has more hair than i have had in a long time .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steve Moskowitz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That thing! There probably is a whole family living in there...hate to make them homeless! grin.gif </div></div>

And who knows what else it might be hiding? Some things are just better left alone.