Philly seminar schedule?

24T42

As always there are some last minute changes taking place but I'm confident there will be a preliminary draft available shortly. I just know I'm going to have to try and be in more than one place at a time. Keeps things exciting I guess.

Terry

Hey Wayne,

If he doesn't want to wear the Rebooks, he could always use one of the carts from Hershey. Frankly, I am surprised we do not have a lot of those at the national meet. Just think of all the time we could save going between the seminars. Also, I think they would be a lot of fun on the escalators between the two floors and the lobby. We could raise a lot of money for the national meet renting them out. In addition, just picture a drive in restaurant where you could get lunch and dinner.

Ok Bill, I was just messing with Terry there.

It really is hard though, to schedule different seminars apart, so that we can attend all of them in two days. Then, you have the General Meeting which takes up a large part of the afternoon. But, look on the bright side, that just means that we have a good thing going on. smile.gif

Now, I'm thinking.....we have a whole week of Hershey, why not an extra day at Philly. Are the two activities too close together for this?

I know for a fact that there is interest in a trailering seminar. I brought it up last year, but I messed up and didn't plan ahead. Bad Wayne! So, if I can think of one extra seminar, I'm sure others could think of more, if anyone was ever interested in another day in Philly.

Wait!? Would the hospitality suites hold out for an extra day. Ummmm, could I handle an extra night up there??? crazy.gifwhistle.gif

Hey, it'd be fun trying! cool.gif

Wayne

Saw this neat gizmo in use at a local Home Depot store-the store clerks were buzzing around on them having a blast. Might just be the thing for Hershey.

post-30751-143138032527_thumb.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W Burgess</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would the hospitality suites hold out for an extra day. Ummmm, could I handle an extra night up there??? crazy.gifwhistle.gif

Hey, it'd be fun trying! cool.gif

Wayne </div></div>

Sometimes, because of the weather, one is forced to stay an extra night (or two).

Yep....that's what you want at Hershey....a bunch of seniors looking for old car parts bumping into other folks with their four wheeled contraptions while searching for the part they need.

Guest VeloMan

While in Philly, I suggest a visit to the Simeone Foundation Museum, a new museum that opened (I think) only last summer. It displays 50+ racing cars from the collection of Fred Simeone. It includes a 1909 American Underslung up to a 2002 2002 Nascar Dyno Mule. It's near the Airport, just off I-95: http://www.simeonefoundation.org/

Phil Jamison

PA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W Burgess</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know for a fact that there is interest in a trailering seminar. I brought it up last year, but I messed up and didn't plan ahead. Bad Wayne! So, if I can think of one extra seminar, I'm sure others could think of more, if anyone was ever interested in another day in Philly.</div></div>

Bad Wayne, no dinner for you, straight to bed young man! wink.gif

Glad to see the trailering seminar is still in the works.

Might be a good idea to plan on holding this seminar at some of the meets

throughout the year in additon to the Philadelphia Meeting.

That way, when the seminar is done at a meet, a real trailer can be used for demonstration purposes.

Would also reach many more members at some of the meets compared to Philadelphia.

BTW, any chance this seminar will be ready for Fall Hershey in 2009?

Having it ready for Spring Gettysburg is probably not possible since that meet is only about 4 months away.

Charlie,

West Peterson and I were speaking of trying to put this on at the Cleveland, TN Meet last year, but these things are planned well in advance, so we had to call it quits.

I'd be interested in helping out with this. I have a couple of defective trailer towing pieces that could be used on-site. Remind me of this after Philly and we'll see what we can do about it.

Wayne

I don't know the entire Philly Seminar schedule, but in my opinion, the only one to attend is on Saturday at 10:00 AM for the AACA Museum titled, "<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">Not Your Same Boring Musuem</span></span>".

Also be sure to stop by the AACA Museum booth for a place to hang out, have snacks, a chance for a door prize and other surprises!