Brakeing news

Guest windjamer

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnD1956</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pretty soon there won't be anyone left with sufficient income to even buy a car. </div></div>

I've often wondered just what percentage of the American public can or could buy a NEW car, and why. The world is flooded with good two year old or newer cars & trucks.

Guest windjamer

I know its not the end of the world, but I also know the manifacture keeps only a 10 day supply of replacement parts. At least thats what Im told. Quite often I order a dealer part only to be told its on back order and will be at least a week to ten days befor I get it. Thats ok if its a part thats made after market, but if its a dealer only supplyed part it makes the cheese runny. Many local dealers keep only one or two of an item as it can usealy be ordered over night. Where will you get example , a gas fill tube if the company stops makeing them for 30 days?? I see some major problems comeing Hope Im wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Wolk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's 30 plants for 30 days. Not the end of the world. </div></div>

It's less than that, even. It's an additional two weeks on top of a planned two week holiday shutdown. I've got $10 that says this is really Chrysler negotiating with the government. My money says that the threat of the shutdown will force action on the government's part before the end of the originally planned holiday shutdown. It's unfortunate that the workers get caught up in this, but frankly I don't understand why the gov't couldn't bail out their highly paid friends in the banking industry fast enough but now when we're talking about real manufacturing capability and real products the gov't (and the general public, for that matter) don't want to help.

This is actually a 2 week shutdown. The first 2 weeks are the normal holiday shutdown that was already scheduled. Ford extended their shutdown by 1 week with little fanfare.

Playing this up as a 4 week shutdown doesn't sound good for Cerebus. I makes it look like they're worse off then they are at a time when it's known they have plenty of money hidden in other properties.

At least Ford isn't trying to spin this serious situation to their own ends.

Guest windjamer

I agree with both above, yes it makes good bussness sence its probably done to force some action on the bailout, but it could put a hurting on the consumer.