Stromberg U2

You guys are brutal. It's been my understanding that these are quite hard to come by because of the cast not holding up. This one is in great shape. I spent close to $1000.00 to get it re-done. Sounds like I may have got some bullc**p about it's value. Seems to happen more and more as I get in to dealing with people on this car. Ordering parts that aren't what they say they are and so forth. Seems this hobby has become "let's stick it to em" like everything else. I do believe this car will turn to a rod as this will be much easier.

The carbs are FRAGILE because they are made of potmetal/Zinc. They do crack, but there are alternatives. One is a differant style carb that doesn't crack. Also, there's a guy in N.Z. that casts new bodies in aluminum and transfers your hardware for about $1700, making it as good as new. I sure hope you didn't get ripped off THAT bad for this one.

It is a damn shame that the description doesn't always match the live item. The global economy makes it easy for the 'RIP OFF'.

I recently paid top dollar for a 'RUST FREE' car. The rust back east must be different than the rust out west...I was told the paint was cheap as there were 'water spots' from an unclean gun or bad prep, and that there is no rust. Probably worth less than half of what I paid...

A word of advice...BUY A PLANE TICKET and go take a look.

Just a heads up on the 1,825 AU price. The Australian exchange rate changes daily and on Dec 17th, it is about 69.6699% to the US dollar. The actual cost is closer to $1,271.47 plus shipping. I have been running on one for the last 5 years without problems. I also have a repaired original U2 as a backup, it is pot metal and has been repaired with epoxy more than once.