sorry, not car related but interesting :) about old desks

Mika Jaakkola

I don't know where else to ask, except from you guys (& gals) wink.gif

I'm in a point in my working career that I need a remote office at home next year.

I have always wanted a nice leather top antique-style executive desk. There are some manufacturers in US, but is there a place that sells these used? I don't think that 3000+shipping bucks from a desk is too much, but i'd rather used it on my cars laugh.gif And if there's some scratches etc, it doesn't bother me.

I was thinking something like this:

Desk on eBay

or see the attachment on this post.

Or does anyone have a desk for sale ? smile.gif

Thanks!

post-32820-143138019171_thumb.jpg

I used to be an antiques dealer. That is a rather common type of desk. I don't see why you should have to pay $3000 for one. Check antique malls, garage sales, estate sales, and Ebay. You should be able to find one for a fraction of that.

Regarding the chair, you should measure it so that you know how high and wide the opening needs to be to clear the arms.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike burgess</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh my some awesome guitar there i think dads right. </div></div>

Talking about guitars/guitarists, I saw something I'd never seen before and liked it( I never knew he could play like that, even though I knew his music!! ):

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-ZAdN7iCyE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-ZAdN7iCyE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• 4 weeks later...

Mi9ka,

If you bought it from someone in the US not familiar with overseas shipment, perhaps you can give an indication of where it is located and someone on this forum nearby might have some idea who you could use for a shipper that will make sure it arrives safely.

Just a suggestion.

John

Guest ZondaC12

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mika Jaakkola</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike burgess</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh my some awesome guitar there i think dads right. </div></div>

Talking about guitars/guitarists, I saw something I'd never seen before and liked it( I never knew he could play like that, even though I knew his music!! ):

</div></div>

Hey just wondering....you familair with the band "Poets Of The Fall"? A friend of mine got me into them...couple of REALLY good songs...apparently they're out of Helsinki he says. Hard rock band actually, I don't know where your interest is, but I just figured I'd see if you heard of them. Are they well-known, popular?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZondaC12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ew he could play like that, even though I knew his music!! ):

Hey just wondering....you familair with the band "Poets Of The Fall"? A friend of mine got me into them...couple of REALLY good songs...apparently they're out of Helsinki he says. Hard rock band actually, I don't know where your interest is, but I just figured I'd see if you heard of them. Are they well-known, popular? </div></div>

Paul,

I know the band, but never seen them live. Last time I was at concert I saw W.A.S.P. (last summer) .. Well, somehow all the "old" hard rock bands come to Finland often... I just heard that Whitesnake is here soon!! (Saw them couple of years ago too!!)

You should try to search "Negative","HIM" and "Nightwish" from youtube as well. They are finnish also.

I guess one of the most popular finnish bands of all time were "Hanoi Rocks" (with Michael Monroe). They have pretty good stuff.

I guess Hanoi Rocks my all time favorite of finnish bands. Not QUITE like Sinatra though.. !!

Like the others that have responded, I do not know how it is in Europe, but I was looking for an executive desk about five years ago. I kept my eyes in local paper and lucked out finding someone selling a mint executive secretary's solid oak desk dating to the fortys. The only thing I would like that it doesn't have, and that you are looking for is the leather top, but then again I was able to pick up the desk for $25.00 so I can't complain. I suppose the point is to keep your eyes open, you never know when someone will be getting rid of a nice old desk they no longer have a need for.

Guest ZondaC12

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mika Jaakkola</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZondaC12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ew he could play like that, even though I knew his music!! ):

Hey just wondering....you familair with the band "Poets Of The Fall"? A friend of mine got me into them...couple of REALLY good songs...apparently they're out of Helsinki he says. Hard rock band actually, I don't know where your interest is, but I just figured I'd see if you heard of them. Are they well-known, popular? </div></div>

Paul,

I know the band, but never seen them live. Last time I was at concert I saw W.A.S.P. (last summer) .. Well, somehow all the "old" hard rock bands come to Finland often... I just heard that Whitesnake is here soon!! (Saw them couple of years ago too!!)

You should try to search "Negative","HIM" and "Nightwish" from youtube as well. They are finnish also.

I guess one of the most popular finnish bands of all time were "Hanoi Rocks" (with Michael Monroe). They have pretty good stuff.

I guess Hanoi Rocks my all time favorite of finnish bands. Not QUITE like Sinatra though.. !!

</div></div>

Cool!!!!!! Will do.

Whitesnake!? Niiiiiiiiiice. That's pretty awesome, didn't even know they were still....together or anything actually haha.