Parting out White 90 Reatta

waltmail

Left front damage. Perfect interior & leather. White with beige interior.

No CRT, windshield or radio. Everything else is there and in very good shape. All mechanicals intact and available.

I can cut sheet metal for patch panels / sections. If anyone wants to use Uship.com. I am willing.

http://www.uship.com/

P.S. Hood has small damage. I will either sell as is or repair.

If you are piecing it out, Do you still have the consol top chrome plastic basel,

left and right seat belt upper plastic basel,

and the removable louvered vent on the extreme right side of the dash bump out, it would be left side of passengers area, not the heat A/C vent.KennyV.

Guest weewilly

Walt I have sent you PM but have not heard back. other than a list of parts you have, again I am looking for the following parts and price? my personal Email is: daveagain909@aol.com I would also like the hood orniment if it was not damaged in accident? Again:

I would like the following if they are in good shape.

1. the radio, and cd if it has one.

2. the tail light .

3. the wheels.

4 the wheel hubcaps.

let me know. dave wilson (919) 607 2388 or daveagain909@aol.com

Guest spyhunter2k

Strange... Still no word... Why take the time to post and upload pics and then stop contacting those that express interest...?

I can think of several reasons for the delay. I suspect the list via private emails was long and eclectic. The requests probably included tons of small hard to get at little stuff and a few large and cumbersome things that would be a nightmare to crate. Then, I suppose Walt got to thinking about how much longer it was going to take to make up all these small and large packages after he finally got the stuff dismantled. By the time he divided hours and price, he realized he would be working for nickels. I have a lot of respect for Jim, Mike and the others who do the parts schtick. Maybe on an economy of scale and with their experience a buck can be made, but the idea that breaking down one car can turn a decent profit seems logical at first glance, but probably sobering once undertaken.

Guest weewilly

I was going to get the stuff picked up in Florida, no shipping involved. Well maybe we will hear form him some time soon.

Guest weewilly

look what I just found. Maybe it is just he doesnt like us? this is one of the parts I wanted. found this on craigslist miami.

1990 Buick Reatta tail light unit - $350 (Deerfield Beach, FL)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to: sale-795702190@craigslist.org

Date: 2008-08-13, 8:34PM EDT

This assembly is in excellent condition and next to impossible to find if yours is damaged or stolen. It has absolutely no cracks/leaks/scratches. Lens are extremely clear. I have never seen a used unit in this pristine condition. It is from a 1990 Buick Reatta. Check to see if it interchanges with other years.

The sale item includes the Buick ( lettering ),lens and housing unit. It is complete.

Many more Reatta parts available. Contact me with inquiries.

Heh,

I had offered to buy a couple of items from this car too. I PM'd him and received reply back; then when I asked for shipping amount and the mailing address so I could send payment.....crickets chirping.

Not sure why, he seemed to be on the up and up initially. Also seems strange that he would resort to craigslist over this forum, when he has a captive audience here and many more potential customers than will be looking at a regional CL page. Maybe he didn't want to ship and is hoping for local buyers.

Too bad, I was hoping to get a couple of things from him. Guess I'll drop Jim a line, I know he'll deliver.

KDirk

I don't think I have upset so many people at the same time. I have been immersed in the Tropical Storm Faye, as I live in South Florida , and actually thought I answered all questions. In fact, I recognize some of the complaints and know that I responded to all of them with previous posts. They have come in my e mails. I am new at this process, and by no means a professional or rip off artist. So far I have been called a liar, lazy and a rip off artist. I don't deserve any of this. I am trying to do the best that I can. I have taken a week off from work to disassemble this vehicle and do not want to quote anyone before I know the condition and availability of the parts. I totally do not understand the reaction and bashing. The piling on is excessive.

K Dirkes. I have sent you at least 3 e mail responses. I was awaiting your response to my offer and waiting for your schedule, so maybe it was a misunderstanding. When I didn't hear from you, I thought you had a change of heart. Wee willy, I responded to you numerous times , while you used a different name than Wee Willy. I do not list in Craigs list Miami. I listed some parts in Ft Lauderdale, when I got no reponse here or got feedback from others about shipping. Would you prefer I offer the same part to someone else at the same time and was patiently awaiting their response? I never intended to make this into a contest of bidders. I even asked some if my prices were fair. Example. Some of the parts I offered were claimed by someone who cancelled because he found a vehicle locally. Try dealing with that. Had I offered you the parts I promised him, you might be even more bent with me.

I did not come back to this area of the forum, because I did not post to this section. I used the main forum and never thought the questions would be posted other than the PMs I received. Most of those parts are still available except for the ones I sold to Reatta forum individuals who I communicated with, just like the others.

I am an amateur at this and never intended to [censored] anyone off. I do not rip people off. I do not lie. I do not ignore. If it seems so, it was accidental. So far I seem to have satisfied 3 posters with good value parts. I have gone back into my e mail folder and either confirmed or responded to every one.

Maybe my mistake was to list a general offer rather than being specific item by item. If you have never parted an entire vehicle out, try a bit of understanding. It is not easy and quite complicated. If I was a full time seller, I am sure I could do a better job.

I pm'd Walt in regards to parts and he responded to me. I then responded back to him that I was not interested in the parts. This communication thing is a 2 way street, the person asking must respond or there is no closure. We see this all the time when someone comes on the forum asks a question on how to fix something, gets some advice and then never lets the forum know if the repair advice worked.

Walt what you may want to do is list your parts with a price attached on Ronnies website or this forum. This way people can contact you to buy and then when it is sold you can update you list. This would also stop the repetitive e-mails for the same parts thus freeing up your time.

Guest spyhunter2k

Walt, I don't see anyone calling you a liar...just several, including myself, expressing puzzlement after we didn't get the further communication we expected. I do see that one poster seemed to be a bit upset, but most of us were just confused.

That said, I just checked the "junk" folder of my personal email inbox and there was an email from Walt from nearly a week ago. I had expected further communication by PM since that is how we started our exchange, and didn't even think to look there until now. Others may also want to check to see if any emails from Walt were similarly labeled as spam by your email provider.

I responded to you 3 times. I don't know where to go from there. Have you ever taken a complete dash unit out of a car. Took me part of 3 days, while the wind was blowing 60 mph into my shop and the water was up to the bay floor.. I took the pictures sent them to you and responded to your queries. It is confusing when you post under one name and pm under another. If you are interested in the parts let me know. As I said in a previous e mail, the parts are not warped, one speaker grill has a cig burn in it and the other has a small stain. I even sent pix of the panels damage. I quoted you the prices in my last e mail.