FROM YOUR WEBMASTER - Question

Peter Gariepy

I've been doing some forum housecleaning lately.

Would it make sense to put the Packard and Studebaker forums together? They would remain 2 separate forums... just be grouped together under the same heading.

Love to hear your feedback.

Peter

Guest imported_Speedster

shocked.gif That's like asking North and South Korea, or the Union and Confederacy to 'Join forces'! shocked.gif

laugh.gif LOL grin.gif

Guest 1956Packard

I don't want to sound like I can't get along, but I'd prefer separate.

It's not like I don't like Studes - keeping it separate just makes it easier read through.

Geoff

Guest imported_Speedster

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Peter Gariepy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well... as history proves, Packard and Studebaker did in fact join forces. :))

Packardbaker's are the stuff of legend. :))

</div></div>

Yes, but most Packard owners feel a Pain in their stomach every time they think about that infamous merger. mad.gif Since that is when everyone found out that a Great company and friend didn't have long to live. cry.gif

I think I'm gonna cry! cry.gif

Not Really! laugh.gif LOL grin.gif

Peter

I'm curious what was the deciding factor? The resounding "NO WAY", the threatening phone calls at 2AM, or the burning pizza on your lawn??? (smile)

Guest Good Old Days

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Peter Gariepy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just to clarify.... the Packard forum will remain separate from the Studebaker forum. They will just reside under the same grouping. </div></div>

Peter

I think people didn't read your posts with an open mind!

It's just an idea and not so bad anyway, we all have our own

opion about it. But with a combined grouping I hope each one of them will, perhaps, get more people interested.

If you read about these beautiful automobiles there must be an itch somewhere?!

Peter is doing a great job and I think we at least owe him to give it some thought.

I have both Packard and Studebaker and they both deserve to get the best treatment.

Thank you Peter G.!

Carine cool.gifwink.gif

I'll have to agree, but I still don't think Studebaker and Packard should be grouped together. It has nothing to do with my feelings toward either marque, both of which were grand marques, and owners of either should not detest each other (even if they didn't care for the botched merger). With all emotion aside, I just don't think they need to be grouped together. They can stand alone on their own merits.

Perhaps there can be a separate forum for the just the "PackardBakers," although I don't think that's entirely necessary, either.

Peter, might as well leave things as they are. In my experience, the staunch Packard folk are not happy about the merger - despite the fact that it only lasted a short time.

As for the PackardBakers, for the most part Stude Folk have embraced them - whether the model is a wagon, a sedan, or even the Packard Hawk. In fact, we'll enjoy any Pierce Arrow, any Garford, or Metz, or Flanders, etc. Even mid-50's Benz's are allowed at a meet - as Studebaker was the importer during that time.

So, don't worry yourself, Peter.

Guest imported_Speedster

Studebaker owners are such 'Good Sports' wink.gif

They Never let us Packard owners 'Rattle their Cage' laugh.gif LOL laugh.gif

Guest Good Old Days

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">Thank you Rick for calling us (Studebaker people) good sports,

after 'rattling the cage' a compliment is welcomed!

Good to see your cage is rattling again!

I think Peter crawled back into his cage after all of this!

Wonder what his next idea will be.... laugh.gif

I have to keep in mind when I drive one of my cars to 'rattle' or be a good sport that day! Mishaps are not accepted! laugh.gif

Carine </span>

Guest Good Old Days

crazy.gif<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">I have a Packard so I have to rattle as much as I can!

Being a Studebaker now I have to say that I knew that, so I think there's no crate good enough to tempt you to get in!

Whatever were we talking about?</span> laugh.gif

Tbird,

Actually, the Packard, Chrysler, General Motors and Ford sub-heading were all removed, and all the vehicles are now grouped in the "Domestic Makes and Models" sub-heading.

This change was made to put all the forums in alphabetical order to make them easier to find for new visitors to the forum. The only exception is Buick and Oldsmobile - both of which are hosted for their respective clubs.

Guest imported_Speedster

Looks Good to me! wink.gif

Those Buick and Olds guys Always get 'Special Treatment' Anyway. mad.gif 'What ya gonna Do!' smirk.gif LOL laugh.gif

I am kinda curious how much they had to pay the Webmaster to keep them seperate from the rest ??? shocked.gif LOL laugh.gif

Maybe we can work out a deal for 'Special Treatment' Too ? wink.gif

Guest imported_Speedster

That would be Great but from what i've seen: They consider us rebels and outcast since we don't use their websites and do things their way.

Do we need another Packard Club? One that is more open-minded and flexable?

Who wants to volunteer? Someone that has an active Packard website is required. Kev how about it?

Just talk to those Buick and Olds guys, if you want 'open-minded and flexable'. blush.gif LOL laugh.gif

Guest Good Old Days

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Speedster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I am kinda curious how much they had to pay the Webmaster to keep them seperate from the rest ??? </div></div>

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">A hell of a lot flaming lawn pizza's!</span> laugh.gif

In the words of Rodney King, "People, I just want to say, you know, can we all get along? Can we get along? Can we stop making it, making it horrible for the older people and the kids?..."

I visit three WEB sites for Packards, and I would think that most of the regulars do also, don't tell me that's there more I need to watch!

Wes

Guest imported_Speedster

Hey, I'm just tryin' to get 'Special Treatment' for the Packard Forum, like some other groups do. But if everyone is Okay with being grouped down with the Fords and Chevvys, I can certainly accept it also? wink.gif LOL laugh.gif

After All, they do call me a Rebel, don't they! blush.gif (and Proud of it) grin.gif

Guest BigKev

Another Packard Club??....active website? I know not what you are referring to!

Ok dues a $0.00 per year, and all are welcome to join! Meetings are whenever you want to get online, and we have daily international meets. Our keynote speakers are whomever grabs the soapbox that day!

grin.gif

Guest imported_Speedster

ALRIGHT! Sounds like my kinda Club! grin.gif

Okay Webmaster, we have a 'Packard Club' (with Great website, for link). Do we get 'Special Treatment' Now? wink.gif

Guest Good Old Days

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Speedster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Do we get 'Special Treatment' Now? wink.gif </div></div>

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">

Yeah, but only you Speedster! laugh.gif

There must be quite some people now who like to give you one(you don't know what you can do with rocks & cages)! grin.gifgrin.gif

BTW you know what they say about barking dogs.....! </span>smirk.gif

Guest imported_Speedster

laugh.gif LOL laugh.gif

No... No personal gain required!

We only seek 'Equality with the Priveliged' for the Packard Forum. wink.gif

Guest Good Old Days

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Speedster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

'Equality with the Priveliged' for the Packard Forum. </div></div>

crazy.gif

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"><span style="color: #FF0000">"We are all equal, but some of us are more equal then others?'"</span></span>

laugh.gif

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">no worries mate</span>