2009 National

Mark Shaw

Yesterday's mail included a letter from the Colorado Springs Convention and Visitors Bureau touting Colorado Springs as the host city for the 2009 National Buick Meet.

I was a bit surprised to get a letter so soon touting the "range of activities" and "scenery in every direction" etc. etc. along with a website listing to get "the full scope visit at www.PeakRadar.com.

How did I get on this mailing list? Did somebody send the Visitor's Bureau a BCA Roster?...registration list from last year's meet?...did anybody else get this letter?

I, too, received one a day or so ago. It could be that they are targeting the chapter directors.

I realize it's a little early for any entity associated with a future meet's host chapter to be sending out area/meet information, but that doesn't bother me nearly as much as receiving flyers from an eBay-type online auction company . . . complete with BCA number, but with "Or current resident" between my name and street address. After the second one, I sent Roberta and the BCA Office an email about receiving them.

Enjoy!

Willis Bell 20811

Chapter Director, N TX Chapter

I got mine today also....

Now what some companies do is to pay 2 cents, yes 2 cents, per name and address to be entered in to a database. The roster or stack of business cards or WIN NOW entries go to a multitude of countries where they specialize in low cost labor. 10,000 names in the BCA roster is only $ 500 and a weeks worth of work. They then can send you all the junk mail you ever need. Plus they can sell the list to some other company Eastwood, CARS, etc. for more than that.

So dont think its not worth the time and money for someone to enter all our information, because 500 bucks for a week will pay salaries and rent in a 3rd world country.

Just something else to think about next time you are tempted to drop your business card in a "Free Lunch" hopper.