only convert Buick made?

Guest Tammy

Guest Tammy

During a newspaper interview today, smile.gif I was asked about my hobbies. Naturally I spoke of my car grin.gif. I just want to make sure, before it goes to press, that the Reatta was the only convert Buick made.

Without going into details, Buick did make lots of convertibles, I think their last in-house convertible was 1975.

In 1983-1985 ACS made some Riviera convertibles for Buick.

You could say something like..."The Reatta was the first Buick 2 seater since 1940 (which was a business coupe). It was the most expensive Buick made during the 4 years of its production. It was also heavier than a Electra(park avenue) It was the first Buick convertible built in a Buick plant since 1975. The Reatta has all the criteria to become a future collectable...it was expensive, well built, limited production, and attractive."

Guest Tammy

oh crap frown.gif after I said it, I wondered about it. Remembering the old cars. I read it somewhere, don't remember where. I will correct it. Thanks guys!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...it was expensive, well built, limited production, and attractive."

</div></div>

....and even today, the Buick Reatta is still just a little ahead of its time!

Guest tomt

Mom and Dad had a 49 Roadmonster Convert. They kept it a day and found it had been in an accident. Still was a cool looking car. At the time, all I could do was play with the windows.

Guest imported_tempest6cyl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barney Eaton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

In 1983-1985 ACS made some Riviera convertibles for Buick.

</div></div>

The Riviera convertibles Barney mentioned were produced by American Sunroof Company, commonly called ASC. They are the same ones that turned Grand Nationals into GNX's with the help of McLaren Engines and engineered the Reatta convertible components and supplied them to the Reatta Craft Centre.

I think we could say the the Reatta is the only two seat convertible that Buick has built since WWII. (were quite a few before). It could be called a "roadster" if you ignore the power windows.

Guest simplyconnected

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ronnie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Batman's daily driver?</div></div> That's pretty good, Ronnie. I wish it was MY dd.

I read where 3 1995 Rivieras were converted to convertibles in S Florida, one was for sale up northeast that I tried to track down. I also saw one for sale at Kruse International auction a few years ago at labor Day auction, they make a good looking convertible.