Why did you join the BCA?

JohnD1956

Snacks? My middle name is snacks. Sort of. Only problem is sharing those snacks - see the fear-inspiring attack dog on my avatar? Pepper is the queen of snacking in my house. Although she loves to share, she expects belly or ear rubs in return. No rubs? She'll stare at you till you cave in. No one can resist the snack-hypnosis of Pepper Adams....

Snacks? My middle name is snacks. Sort of. Only problem is sharing those snacks - see the fear-inspiring attack dog on my avatar? Pepper is the queen of snacking in my house. Although she loves to share, she expects belly or ear rubs in return. No rubs? She'll stare at you till you cave in. No one can resist the snack-hypnosis of Pepper Adams....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZondaC12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..And I can't wait until the next national that's back our way that's gotta be so much fun. </div></div>

The next National our way can't be before 2010, if even then. I suggest you reconsider this years National in Michigan. It really is not that far for a Buick.

Brandon, that's not that far for you either. Maybe you can tour up with Mr. Earl. That alone ought to make a memorable experience.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZondaC12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..And I can't wait until the next national that's back our way that's gotta be so much fun. </div></div>

The next National our way can't be before 2010, if even then. I suggest you reconsider this years National in Michigan. It really is not that far for a Buick.

Brandon, that's not that far for you either. Maybe you can tour up with Mr. Earl. That alone ought to make a memorable experience.

I hear you. I am still trying to come up with a plan to get to Flint. Looks like I will be in Cleveland that week for work, but trying to come up with something. My Aunt still lives in Flint (and drives a snazzy LeSabre too) so she has already signed off on lodgings if I need em'.

I would really love to drive the 49 up there, but that wouldn't have a happy ending. I can feel it in my bones. Anyone driving north on US 70 would tell tales upon arrival at Flint of some goofy fool on the side of the road next to a burning black 1949 Buick sedan.

I am still working on my master plan to get to Michigan via Cleveland - and in the process not alienate any of the corporate suits I have to deal with during the week. My caper is in the planning stages...

I hear you. I am still trying to come up with a plan to get to Flint. Looks like I will be in Cleveland that week for work, but trying to come up with something. My Aunt still lives in Flint (and drives a snazzy LeSabre too) so she has already signed off on lodgings if I need em'.

I would really love to drive the 49 up there, but that wouldn't have a happy ending. I can feel it in my bones. Anyone driving north on US 70 would tell tales upon arrival at Flint of some goofy fool on the side of the road next to a burning black 1949 Buick sedan.

I am still working on my master plan to get to Michigan via Cleveland - and in the process not alienate any of the corporate suits I have to deal with during the week. My caper is in the planning stages...

Guest Dan Cook

Dave, you forgot James Arness (Matt Dillon). He has probably killed more bad guys on TV than anyone else. Stands up for what he believes is right and never lost a fist fight that I can ever remember.

He is my number one American hero right behind Brandon and all the other Veterans here and all across our nation.

Guest Dan Cook

Dave, you forgot James Arness (Matt Dillon). He has probably killed more bad guys on TV than anyone else. Stands up for what he believes is right and never lost a fist fight that I can ever remember.

He is my number one American hero right behind Brandon and all the other Veterans here and all across our nation.

Guest Reatta1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buick5563</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Robert Mitchum. "Thunder Road"

</div></div>

Probably my all time favorite 'bad ass' movie. smile.gif

Guest Reatta1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buick5563</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Robert Mitchum. "Thunder Road"

</div></div>

Probably my all time favorite 'bad ass' movie. smile.gif

Why did I join the BCA? There's a hundred reasons. The first car I rode in was a '55 Super. smile.gif I learned to drive in a '64 Wildcat. cool.gif The second car I bought was a '70 LeSabre. grin.gif Every other car on the road pales in comparison to a Buick, in my humble opinion. Now I've got a numbers matching, KX code '64 Wildcat that I'm having a ball with! laugh.gif That's why I joined the BCA.

64Cat7.jpg

Guest ZondaC12

Wow that's just gorgeous. The wheels go great. What's THAT!!!??.....a.....trailer hitch? laugh.gif Haha might as well put those 445 lb-ft to use right I'm sure it'll pull!

Thanks, John & Paul. You should see the looks I get zipping past a BMW or Mustang on the interstate! cool.gif If the sight of 4,300 pounds of real car doesn't get'em to move over, the four note horn does! The hitch was an after market add-on, now off of the car. One more...

91f5_1.jpg

I joined the bca because i owned 2 wildcats at the time and i wanted a bca sticker for my window.

I heard everyone talking about the buick bugle so i figured join and get it.

I only joined for 1 year to"give it a try"

Now i dont mean to [censored] anyone off but....

I never recieved a membership card or a bca decal.

BCA Membership offers the following to new members:

"- Monthly issue of The Buick Bugle published by the BCA,

- Advertising privileges in The Buick Bugle for Buick-related items,

- Participation in all club events and an opportunity to join local chapters and divisions,

- Membership card and, as new members, one BCA decal. (Additional decals can be purchased from the San Gabriel Valley Chapter.)"

the bugle is a very nice magazine but in the last year nothing in it has helped me personally.Now i know you cant make a magazine just for me and i am not asking you to.

(you cant please everyone)

Since i parted out my 64 wildcat i find that i hardly ever visit this site,

not a lot of information on 70 and up cars here.

anyway that is why i joined,i recieved my renewal a couple of days ago but i just filed it in file 13.......i figured my 35.00 could be better spent elsewhere

scott phillips

Too bad you could not find anything to justify your membership in the BCA. True, there is not something for everybody every month but sometimes there has to be something to interest you. You should have sent an email to the office to tell them about your decal and card, they would have rectified it immediately. The US Postal Service has been known to lose, misplace and completely destroy mail from time to time.

My original post was going to be a little on the smart side such as Bye or BYE, BYE but I decided against it.

Articles will not cover all of the cars out there, even in a year's time. Maybe you should write an article and submit it to Pete.

This forum (All of it, not just the BCA) offers a lot of information, all you have to do is look or (OMG), ask. In addition to information, we have a type of sit around the campfire and talk about a lot of things type of mentality around here. A lot of kidding and good natured fun whereby we have all become friends without even meeting each other and probably will not meet all of the people on here. Never-the-less, I look forward to the day when I will meet some of my "fiends".

Phil, too bad it did not work out for you. Have you joined a local chapter?

That is enough from me for now.

Stevo

Guest imported_MrEarl

See there, I'm not the only one to join for the BCA window sticker. grin.gif

Scott, I'm sorry you didn't get your membership card and sticker. If your file 13 hasn't been purged already why not try it again, I think Mike and Nancy could issue another in this case,and if not I've got an extra that looks like will never be used. I looked back at your past posts on here and saw lots of positive posts in the line of technical help and selling parts. I could say the same thing about there not being a lot of info about 50's Buicks on here but I choose to keep posting in hopes it will generate more. (hence my efforts to shove a 54 wagon down Dereks throat). In fact looks like Post War is steadily climbing in numbers of posts. Hopefuly you reconsider your decison not to renew and will give it another shot and please stop in here often for a daily dose of Buick info and BCA comradery.

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sergeant_Major</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not quite sure yet. I've been a member for a year. I'm still trying to figure it out. </div></div>

I'm not being a smart*** here Sergeant Major, but can I help you in figuring it out. In my opinion the following (thanks Scott for the summary) is enough to get my 35-40 bucks, the rest is just gravy.

- Monthly issue of The Buick Bugle published by the BCA,

- Advertising privileges in The Buick Bugle for Buick-related items,

- Participation in all club events and an opportunity to join local chapters and divisions,

- Membership card and, as new members, one BCA decal.

BTW been hoping to see more of your Wildcat on here. What's the status on it.

post-32987-14313797962_thumb.jpg

I joined the club. Hopefully they do some articles of the 63-64 models sometime

Since I have owned several Buicks over the years and been partial to the 64 Wildcat Convert. I got my 1st convert in 74 and had to sell it for a divorce and had lots of spare parts so I found another so I could use them

I got my present 64 Convert in 79 and wanted to meet folks with similar interest. Also parts are hard to find nowdays. and this was a good source for finding the rare parts or info on how to fix something modern mechanics know nothing about.

I have meet alot of nice folks here or on the v8buick.com forum. And I have been able to help them or they help me.

Gary

64 Wildcat Convertible

BCA

Puget Sound Chapter of BCA