22' Touring wiring diagram

Shawn_P

Hey Guys I hate to ask but does anyone have a copy of the wiring diagram for my 22' I have all the manuals and books however i dont have them with me they are at the place where my vehical is being restored. I am trying to order new wiring for it just dont know what i need.

here is my email is someone could email it to me that would be awesome!

Thanks guys

Shawn

shawn_peaire@cogeco.ca

Guest backyardmachinc

Hello Ken,

Your strater/generator is positive ground being Model Ga. The Model G were negitave ground,The Model G were used from late 1917 to early 1923 then switch to Model GA when DB went to 116 wheel base.Hope this helps.

Guest imouttahere

My late '22 touring car (like an early '23) definitely came from the factory negative ground, and I'm presently using a Model G starter-generator.

I think maybe I read somewhere that a DB starter-generator can be used either positive or negative ground. Maybe it depends on the starter switch/cutout that you use, but somebody had better check me on this.

"True but the gage will read discharge if not connect to the right pole."

You have the model G starter/generator, is that a type 3566 (1918-1923) or the 3566-S (1917-1918)? very similar to each other but using different internal wire,

The Graham buses and street car of 1925 onwards had positive earth, model GA or GAC starter/gen using 11865-A cutout.

1916-1922 model G used a 8100-A cutout,

I think you probably should have a model 8100-A (1916-late 1922) and that has a Negative earth.

It is important to have matching parts for polarity especially the cutout to match whatever starter/gen because the life of the voltage regulator points will be greatly reduced if polarity is transposed.

Where can I buy a new drive chain for my starter/gen?

• 5 years later...
Guest cardude

I just picked up a 24-45 and am just getting it cleaned off and taking inventory of parts. Interestingly enough this sat in a warehouse for the last 50 years so I may just have something. I am having a problem finding a shop manual, and a wiring diagram. I think I am to the point of seeing if it will fire over but just want to make sure I have the right wires going to the right places. I would sure entertain advice on where to get information, and parts if I should need them. As of now I find no parts that I need. The wood is in excellent shape. Seats need to be recovered and the top needs new fabric.

Thanks

Feb 1917 and Nov 1916 show this, just getting back into town so need to find time to look at the changes but hopefully this will do for now

post-48869-14314200675_thumb.jpg