BUICKS ON CRAIGS LIST

Guest imported_MrEarl

I can't argue about the price or condition. But sometimes the car has just enough going for it that cleanliness or price is a secondary consideration. In this case I looked and saw the wagon, then the 54, and then the 3 speed stick. And in the pictures the car looks solid. I would suggest that this combination may be kinda hard to find today, so it may be worth a bit more than your ordinary classic.

Not that I'd buy it. Personally the 54-56 Wagons are not my cup of tea. And 30K is way out of my league. I'm still looking for $800.00 wagons!!!

HAhahah

JD

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But sometimes the car has just enough going for it that cleanliness or price is a secondary consideration.

</div></div> Yea that seems to happen to me quite often. Like just this last weekend as a matter of fact. smirk.gif But you know, I'd rather pay what some folks consider too much for a scarce car that is straight, solid, has very good glass and is all there than what I see some of these folks pay for a cookie cutter car that has been incorrectly restored and will need half the work done again to make it correct.

OK, back to the subject here

Re the 54 wagon...He says it's a real head turner. He's right there... makes me turn my head back and forth...discusted that he painted it the incorrect color scheme for 54.

Oh, I'd love to have either a 54 or a 56 state wagon. A 56 Century with air...ooohhhhh

but add that to the dream list, along with a 54 Century Convertible, 42 Roadmaster Limo, 36 Business Coupe.

JD, I sincerely hope you find that $800 wagon

Derek and Lamar,

I have one for you. I located it enroute to TRFalls last month. It's a 55 Special Estate Wagon $1400 but I'll bet $1,000 would secure it. I'll try to add a photo or two.

I am considering it, but I really wanted it to be a Century. Oh well. I have to get over that "top of the line" attitude I have. The car was straight and it said it was a Colorado car. It had all the glass out but I think it was piled inside.

I am lukewarm on them. I like the 54-56 actually better then the over-the-top Caballeros of 57-58.

Guest imported_Thriller

grin.gif

Just what I need...someone keeping a lookout for cars for me. I need a lottery win to be able to procure some land with a workshop if I am to acquire any additional cars.

I'm also starting to think about getting away from project cars...I've got 3 drivers and 4 projects already and the drivers alone keep me pretty busy.

Sigh.

1957 BUICK CABALERRO ESTATE WAGON - $550

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to: sale-463687997@craigslist.org

Date: 2007-10-29, 9:54PM PDT

1957 BUICK 4 DOOR HARDTOP WAGON. VERY RARE. JUST FOR PARTS, NO TITLE. THE FRAME HAS BEEN CUT AND MADE INTO A TRAILER! (THANK YOU MR. FARMER) BOTH FRONT DOORS ARE NICE BOTH BACK DOORS HAVE DENTS BUT ARE FIXABLE. ALL DOORS ARE SAME AS 4 DOOR HARDTOP. WINDSHIELD IS GOOD AND TAILGATE GLASS IS GOOD. TAILGATE HAS A LITTLE RUST IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER (SEE PIC) THE FLOORS ARE DECENT. THIS CAR COULDBE SAVED WITH A DONOR 4 DOOR FRAME AND FRONT END. I SAW ONE ON CRAIGSLIST CDA, SIX DAYS AGO FOR $600 I THINK, BUT I JUST DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO DO IT. NO SEATS. CALL 509-592-8399 CELL OR JUST RESPOND TO THIS AD. DELIVERY OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE. TRADES CONSIDERED. THANKS, ROB

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BJM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Derek and Lamar,

I have one for you. I located it enroute to TRFalls last month. It's a 55 Special Estate Wagon $1400 but I'll bet $1,000 would secure it. I'll try to add a photo or two.

I am considering it, but I really wanted it to be a Century. Oh well. I have to get over that "top of the line" attitude I have. The car was straight and it said it was a Colorado car. It had all the glass out but I think it was piled inside.

I am lukewarm on them. I like the 54-56 actually better then the over-the-top Caballeros of 57-58. </div></div>

Jake, I have a friend that may be interested in this 55. did you ever do anything with it. Pictures?

Lamar,

Actually I took 2 photos, and one did make it onto the BCA General forum under heading MIDDLE RIVER AUCTION I believe. I was hoping to include about 15 photos taken during the trip but sometimes my computer, which is so slow - times out and I have to get off and try again, but one photo I see did make it.

Guest imported_Thriller

Hmmm...I really need to stop looking at this thread.

That '41 is about half of what I paid for mine this spring...I guess I got a decent deal.

The price may be right on the '65 Riv...those first generation Rivs are really pretty cars, but this one sounds like you'd need more patience than I have.

• 2 weeks later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BUICK RACER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cool Project, but how much?</div></div>

I really don't know how much it's worth, that's why I'm waiting for offers... and I have been thinking about ebay.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest imported_MrEarl

Hey Stevo, don't know why but I thought of you when I saw this.

1946 buick rodmaster - $300

Don't know if it was intentional or not, but I kinda like that name "Rodmaster". Now if I just had a coupe to turn into a hotrod....

$300 ain't bad for a complete car

• 1 month later...
Guest imported_MrEarl

Haven't checked in on CL lately, being as I'm so broke I'd have to fart to have a cent in my pocket, and this made me realize what I been missin.....Just had to share this

ENGINE $75

Dan this has your signature all over it.... grin.gif

Guest imported_MrEarl

Couldn't help but notice the listing for a 1951 Sedanette!

I don't have production figures handy, but the Sedanette was offered only in the Super series in '51, and it's got to be extremely rare.

I have NEVER even seen one of these '51 Super Sedanettes. I am not aware that any have ever been displayed at a BCA National.

Someone needs to check this one out.

Edit update: Only 1,500 of this model (56S) were produced.

Guest imported_MrEarl

As usual, when it sounds too good to be true...

Spoke with the owner and asked him to read out the ID tag numbers. First of all the car is a 1950. The rest of the numbers he read out were Mod 4407 Body BC 349. Not sure what that would be. I asked him to check the 4407D and he read it out the same again. Nevertheless the car is from California and has had the post removed, appears to have possibly been chopped and the door handles shaved etc.

The car is in Riverdale which at a time back in the 70's was referred to as Reeferdale. Doesn't sound like much has changed...

Reply to: sale-623954295@craigslist.org

Date: 2008-03-30, 8:58AM PDT

I have a very complete and un-molested 1948 Buick Roadmaster ambulance that was built by Flxible coachworks for the US Military. It served it's life in a dry climate, and has been sitting stored since 1971.

It has 58,000 original miles, although the engine has a hole in the block.

Engine is removed, and everything is still with this vehicle.

It is a very very very rare machine, and has the military vehicle classification/name if B-23

Flxible cut a line totally around the vehicle, and raised it from the base of the windows up around 6 more inches for headroom. They then cut the car in half vertically and chanelled it to be longer but the length if the rear access doors. They open opposite as well. Both are "Suicide doors" and their windows were made to roll down as well.

It has the stock and unalterd dash with radio. The cab divider is there, as it some of the velvet interior.

This is the only one of these that you will find. It is a really solid and 95% rust free car.

The rear hatch pillar on the driver's side needs replacing from corrosion, as does the bulge panels on the front doors. The chassis is solid, and the rest of the main hull of the body is solid and straight. There is no floor rust at all.

Please e-mail casual interest, but only call if you are serious about this machine, and have the funds to buy it. (503)841-0239

Length is slightly less than 20 feet. The last photo shows the interior of a new version, and is there to only show the way the doors open. Suicide doors are on both sides. The dash and interior of this one is much more deluxe.

post-41092-143137976227_thumb.jpg

post-41092-143137976228_thumb.jpg

Reply to: sale-623954295@craigslist.org

Date: 2008-03-30, 8:58AM PDT

I have a very complete and un-molested 1948 Buick Roadmaster ambulance that was built by Flxible coachworks for the US Military. It served it's life in a dry climate, and has been sitting stored since 1971.

It has 58,000 original miles, although the engine has a hole in the block.

Engine is removed, and everything is still with this vehicle.

It is a very very very rare machine, and has the military vehicle classification/name if B-23

Flxible cut a line totally around the vehicle, and raised it from the base of the windows up around 6 more inches for headroom. They then cut the car in half vertically and chanelled it to be longer but the length if the rear access doors. They open opposite as well. Both are "Suicide doors" and their windows were made to roll down as well.

It has the stock and unalterd dash with radio. The cab divider is there, as it some of the velvet interior.

This is the only one of these that you will find. It is a really solid and 95% rust free car.

The rear hatch pillar on the driver's side needs replacing from corrosion, as does the bulge panels on the front doors. The chassis is solid, and the rest of the main hull of the body is solid and straight. There is no floor rust at all.

Please e-mail casual interest, but only call if you are serious about this machine, and have the funds to buy it. (503)841-0239

Length is slightly less than 20 feet. The last photo shows the interior of a new version, and is there to only show the way the doors open. Suicide doors are on both sides. The dash and interior of this one is much more deluxe.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrEarl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK now that I have your attention, how about a deal on these fine Buick automoblies....

1983 Buick Riviera Convertable - $10000

1951 buick sedenatte - $1500

1964 Buick Riviera - $6999

Rare 64 Buick Skylark Hardtop - $8495

1964 Buick Skylark Convertible - "My Cousin Vinny" - $850

da da da da dat's all folk

well here's one more

1951 Buick Roadmaster - $2600 </div></div>

Here's an update on the 1951 Sedanette that turned out to be a 50 that was customized. Appears the fellers over on the HAMB think it was the deal of the lifetime.

HAMB

post-32987-143137978971_thumb.jpg

That 50 would have been a tremendous car berfore it got bastardized. The Riv Conv says 7500 in the ad. That one might be worth looking at more pictures. It always amazes me as to how many grandmothers and grandfathers cars are going up for sale. I assume they bought them when they were young and kept them. I am not a grandfather (wish I were) but I sure wish I had a whole bunch of the Buicks that I let go.

stevo

HAMB people are not in touch with reality anyway. In order to be one of those people you have to smoke stuff that normal people do not even know about.

stevo

This ought to get a couple of them going and send me all kinds of threats, etc.