Has Anybody Seen One of These?

Great pic! Ive seen similar tag toppers but not the tire cover. Another similar item is the model T winter radiator cover. They were made out of cardboard with clips to mount them on the bottom half of the radiator. Thy had advertising printed on them for garages, gas and motor oil, and political messages. I'll try and get a photo posted later.

Terry

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrpushbutton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a cruel joke imposed on the country while the men (a large percentage of the registered voters) were overseas fighting WWI. </div></div>

WWI (1914-1918) was over by the time prohibition (1920-1933) started.

West,

That is really neat. I found this photo on the web. I've seen those on eBay, and I should probably snatch up the next one I see, but the one I really want is the orange one. I think it will look better on my Franklin. I had the chance to buy a nice one at Hershey a few years ago, and I passed on it.

I've since learned that if you see something at Hershey you want, grab it because it won't be there next year.

post-48034-143137956017_thumb.jpg

Those look like the red/white/blue versions. If I recall correctly, the orange and black ones didn't have any extra screen printing on them. That's a neat photo. Looks like a Minnesota license plate, though I cannot quite read the right side. And the car is my favorite brand as well. 1930-31 Packard.

I'm still looking for the orange and black one, but... maybe like you, I saw it at Hershey and didn't "pick it up."

Here is another 18th Ammendment in my collection, though it's practically worthless.

post-33613-143137956373_thumb.jpg

geez... I dunno. I just collect the shi..... stuff. And don't ask me why. When I started collecting, people were practically giving it away. I stopped buying when prices went above $10. I have enough sssss.....tuff to more than fill up a room, so no need to spend good money.

You probably saw my other stash of ssssss....tuff on the other post. But just in case, here it is again.

post-33613-14313795638_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking purely as an interested observer this thread has been really informative. Memorabilia like this provides such a valuable social commentary on influential subjects, and this is an example that obviously motovated your Nation's citizens to step up and be counted.

At the end of the day its not always the big $ items that provide the most historical interest (and value), folks like yourself are all in your own small way protecting important history for generations to come.

Good job guys, I learned something new today.